• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

parking-eye county court claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: parking-eye county court claim

My son told me this is the correct car park @ Fistral Beach and they stayed less than 1 hr. [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Pompeyglenn; 19th February 2014, 20:44:PM. Reason: stupidity

Comment

M1

Comment

Originally posted by Pompeyglenn View Post
        Hi M1, I've managed to get 3 photos this weekend of the parking signs (which are clearly displayed) as are cctv cameras. However the signs do say that the first hour is free parking (no tkt req'd) and it is free from 6pm-midnight. My son says they were there definitly less than 1hr. Do I post the photos on here as jpegs etc or send them via email etc.
        Regards
        PG

Read the signs again, the paid options only apply 6am-6pm. If the parking event was outside this their claim is in serious trouble. If you can find anything apart from the claim form that has been sent this could be very easy. (they'll have copies in court if you don't so we'll find out eventually but sooner is better)

Glad you go those signs as they appear to nail them even harder than the normal arguments

M1

Comment

Cheers M1 a copy of the original 'fine' would be v.good,could I contact the court & get one sent or emailed. The only thing I'm doubting is the length of stay, my son reckons it was less than hour.

many thanks
          PG

Comment

Originally posted by Pompeyglenn View Post
            Cheers M1 a copy of the original 'fine' would be v.good,could I contact the court & get one sent or emailed. The only thing I'm doubting is the length of stay, my son reckons it was less than hour.

many thanks
            PG

The easiest way is to phone parking eye and ask. I don't see why they wouldn't tell you. If they don'y we can look at alternative means.

M1

Comment

I've tried to ring these lovely people but the only phone number they advertise is to let you pay their 'fines by different methods.

Regards
              PG

Comment

Isn't there a number on the court claim form ?

M1

Comment

Yes but it's just another number to enable you to pay (0844 numbers)

PG

Comment

Managed to find a number on the 'say no to 0870' website, this number gives you the chance to speak to a human ,however I'll have to wait until Monday as the hours are Mon-Fri 0900-1700.

The number is (& this may help others) 01772 450970

Comment

If that fails try 01772 885800.

M1

Comment

Managed to ring ParkingEye and got through straight away on the 450970 number. I requested they send me a copy of the original incident paperwork . As soon as it arrives I'll post it on here.

Regards
                        PG

Comment

Just recieved a copy of the original 'Parking Notice' today. It states the event happened on 26/11/13 and the notice was issued on the 30th. The original charge was for£100, £60 if we paid within 14 days.(I never recieved this notice and have had only 2 letters from P/E, one at the end of December and the current court claim letter.

The notice says the vehicle entered at 11.25:58 and left at 12.37:44, time in car park 1hr 11mins. There are 2 pictures, one showing the vehicle entering (although there is nothing to show the vehicle is entering a carpark). This picture is in daylight. The 2nd picture is of the rear of the vehicle with lights on and in the dark?? and could've been taken anywhere IMO. Both photos have a date & time in the corner.

The time is for time in car park not timed parked. IMO it is quite possible to spend extra time from driving into a car park to finding a place to park. My son disputes the time and reckons he and his girlfriend where there less than 1hr.

Even allowing for the fact that they may have been there for 1hr 11mins and the first hour is free and allowing for several mins to find a bay and park. This £100 notice is a pretty extortionate amount for approx 5-10 mins over stay.

It is the daylight & nightime pictures that are also puzzling (I believe they may have been taken from a cctv of which I've been told there are some on the site), and they don't show that the vehicle is actually entering and leaving a carpark.

M1 do you require a scanned or posted copy of this 'original' notice or photos?
                          Many thanks for your help and assistance

Kind regards
                          PG

Comment

Nah that should be fine.

I'll post something up in the next couple of days or so.

M1

Comment

Thank You
                              PG

Comment

glendef.rtf

Remember to add the heading (names of parties etc) and the statement of truth at the end.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X