• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

stat demand ... bw legal ... dukebhoy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stat demand ... bw legal ... dukebhoy

I received a stat. Demand from DWlegal Can an English DCA take you to
    Court if you live in Scotland.I then received another letter from them knocking 1k of the original sum a week after the time elapsed. How serious are they about court
    Last edited by Amethyst; 10th February 2014, 23:16:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Lowells / BW Legals Statutory Demand imminent

Dukebhoy (obviously a Celtic fan)

They can take you to Court BUT its not as easy as they think. As you live in Scotland the Stat demand is easily disposed of. Fill in the denial and return it. End of Stat demand. DO NOT fill in the other explanation form as it a Lowell design. Celestine has taken advice from a Scottish Lawyer and apparently it is that simple

Comment

Where. An I find denial form Thanks

Comment

It should be on the back of the bundle of paperwork they gave you

Comment

I have now received a letter offering a reduced payment offer is this normal

Comment

Re: Lowells / BW Legals SD imminent

Originally posted by dukebhoy View Post
            I received a stat. Demand from DWlegal Can an English DCA take you to
            Court if you live in Scotland.I then received another letter from them knocking 1k of the original sum a week after the time elapsed. How serious are they about court
            So you received a statutory demand from b w legal , an English stat demand despite you living in Scotland? Did you respond to it at all ...? I'm guessing not from you saying they offered a discount a week after the time elapsed.... what else did that letter say?

Also how much was the debt?
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The debt is around 5 k they offered a reduction of £1k now only 4k

Comment

This is without prejudice this offer willnot be offered again when we go to court

Comment

Re: stat demand ... bw legal ... dukebhoy

not a lot then xx.

Is your stat demand like this? http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/misc.php?do=showattachments&t=46247. Pdf
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

ip that's. The one

Comment

Ok have you sent the denial back? :. Page 7 on that pdf
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Will do tomorrow

Comment

They're dates don't quite add up either conveniently enough

Comment

Ok, that makes the letter stranger. what are the dates?
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

If you dont reply by 4th Feb.etc post marked 6 the Feb

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X