• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How do I take a well known large company to a small claims court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I take a well known large company to a small claims court

Hi there
    I want to issue a summons to the retail company Currys for owed monies of aprox £1000 but want to make sure the correct name is on the summons? I have written to the CEO mr Sebastian James twice via recorded delivery requesting payment or stating that I will take it to court but I have hitherto had no reply from him or anyone else at all. I am aware that Currys is part of Dixons Retail ltd it's head office in Hemel Hempstead. When I telephoned the head office to find out who to send the summons to they did not know but suggested to Dixons Retail ltd.
    I want to get it right? Can anyone please advise who I address it to?

Many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: How do I take a well known large company to a small claims court

Have you issued a letter before action?
    If so where did you send that and if not then you should

This is the address for head office and probably the one you already have.
    Our Head Office address is:

Dixons Retail plc
    Maylands Avenue
    Hemel Hempstead
    Herts HP2 7TG

Our telephone number is 0844 800 2030

Comment

Yes I sent 2 previous letters to that head office address for the personal attention of the CEO Mr Sebastian James, but no reply.

To whom do I address the summons?
      As my purchase was via Curry's and Curry's are part of the Dixons Retail PLC do I take an action against Dixons? if so do I need to refer to Curry's in any way?

Thanks
      Last edited by RSVPT; 7th February 2014, 12:25:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RSVPT View Post
        I want to issue a summons to the retail company Currys for owed monies of aprox £1000
        Why do you believe that they owe you money?

Comment

If Currys appears on your receipt, and Currys is a separate company (albeit owned by Dixons), then it's Currys you go for. If it is merely a trading name, then you go for Dixons Retail Plc, t/a (trading as), Currys.

Comment

They reneged on a deal - so I am all ready to issue the claim - I just want to be sure on who to address it to so as it doesn't get thrown out on the first hurdle.

Comment

Whats the Deal?

Has anyone else made a claim for same?

Comment

They reneged on a deal
                How?

What I'm wondering is whether there might be a better way of tackling the problem.

Comment

I've been trying since November last year but have been stonewalled - so I've no more options - I threatened court action twice so now enough is enough - I am going to do what I said I would.

Please can anyone answer my simple question?

thanks

Comment

What are you trying to claim for?

Comment

Can anyone please just answer my simple question ? I am claiming against Currys and just need to know what name to put on the claim application ie Currys or Dixons Retail plc or Dixons Retail ltd or maybe the CEO as that is who I've sent my correspondence . Please can someone just answer my simple question instead of asking more questions ��

Comment

IF you are gonna be rude you may not get the answer

Comment

I am very sorry if I have come across rude in any way. I am just very very frustrated. I thought the answer would be straight forward given that I am not the only one that has previously taken a large company to court. Sorry!

Comment

Please can someone just answer my simple question instead of asking more questions
                            We are asking questions about your claim because we'd rather not see you lose.

Comment

Claim should be served on

Dixons Retail plc
                              Maylands Avenue
                              Hemel Hempstead
                              Herts HP2 7TG

(as enaid posted earlier http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...600#post408600 )

And, yes, the claim particulars should mention Currys if that is the part of Dixons Retail plc that you had the issue with.
                              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X