• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ROOFTOP mortgage - applied for 15 years - told its for 30 years !!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ROOFTOP mortgage - applied for 15 years - told its for 30 years !!!!!

hello
    have had another 2 letters today from rooftop saying that they do not accept my passport even though its in date,
    they sent me back my passport photocopy but not the drs letter that was attached
    they have also sent me back my original passport

i feel their playing games to make me forget about this and not pursue it.

unless i am mistaken i have attached both letters for clarification

Many thanks
    Attached Files

Comment

hello
      we have had all the paperwork today and things are very strange as a lot of the paperwork is for another person and a lot some of the paperwork they have sent does not have there logos on nor do the dates add up as they say they have spoken to us when we where not even in the country
      what do we do with all this information and what about the other persons paperwork they have sent us

Comment

update
        have gone through all the paperwork and a lot of it is duplicated a lot of the paperwork does not have rooftop logo on its just plain paper
        there is no information about when we first took the mortgage out with them
        and some of the letters contradict each other four letters sent out on the same day by the same person saying payment missing then confirmation of payment then payment made etc very weird
        we where 347 in arrears in 2006 and they charged us over 5000 pounds they are charging us interest on top of interest so we pay 836 per month as we pay 6% above base rate and they are charging us a yearly interest rate as well which is very confusing
        we need help to understand all this paperwork
        do we need to take it to a solicitor
        we await your advice
        Trish

Comment

Hi

Its not unusual, and in my opinion, they do the paperwork like that to make it hard to link them up. Am really good at calculating costs/interest around these. If possible, grab together everything you have in relation to paperwork/accounts, and i will go through them with you, you might have to serve some forms to get some oif the stuff your missing.
          crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

hello
            thank you for your reply
            a lot of the paperwork id duplicate and some does not make any sense
            we are in bedfordshire are you local or semi local
            please can you let me no what information you would like
            also the broker we used went out of business three weeks after we completed on our mortgage
            so we cant get any information from them (as they did a runner)
            Trish
            Trish

Comment

update had a letter from Rooftop saying that they are looking into our dispute and will be in contact before 30th september 2016
              Trish

Comment

Hi
                let us know what they say when the write to you. To challenge them, you may need some of the following details

List of all companies you dealt with including broker, solicitors, valuers, accountants ( all involved when you applied for the mortgagee,

All costs paid ( you might not understand all of these, and i suspect, you might not know what was added onto your morgagee at first

All charges and interest rates since you have been on the mortgagee

If you get most ofd the above ( it will take time dont worry ) we will be able to put together a comparison, i did something similar for another poster a while ago, although her problems were different to yours, the mechanisms were the same ( sold wrong type of mortgage ). Its worth reading through here from just so you can see how i did the comparisons, for her, made it a lot easier to show the differences

from about post 150 http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...453#post550453

Lots of reading but it will give you an idea that sometimes, companies that you may have thought unconnected, are just part of the same chain, and that the costs charges between these players, can be massive, but hidden
                crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Originally posted by cloudydays View Post
                  update had a letter from Rooftop saying that they are looking into our dispute and will be in contact before 30th september 2016
                  Trish
                  I've just read through your thread tonight and all I can see is endless disputes about your SAR, the ICO, whether you need to provides a copy of your passport etc. etc.

More than two years have gone by without addressing the core issue which is did you sign up for a 15 or 30 year mortgage term.

What date did you open the mortgage account?

How much was the advance/loan?

Was this an interest only or repayment mortgage (Rooftop mainly offered interest only products)?

Was it linked to any endowment policy or did it have an PPI attached?

Are you in any arrears with the mortgage?

Wasn't Rooftop bought by JP Morgan in 2008?

Di

Comment

hello
                    and thank you for reading our post
                    we signed for what we thought was 15 years but without us knowing the broker changed it to 30 years
                    no we are not in arrears with Rooftop and our mortgage is repayment
                    for every £1 we borrowed we have to pay them back £6 and our interest rate is always 6% above base rate
                    no endowment or ppi attached
                    i will find the exact date we took out the mortgage and for how much
                    they are saying we have £119,423 left to pay as we have already paid over 300.000 to them
                    we pay 825.97 per month but they keep adding interest each month which we dont understand when they send out the annual statement
                    once again thank you for reading our post
                    ans i will send message tonight with all th edetails
                    Trish

Comment

I'm sure someone else had the same with Rooftop a while back, I'll see if I can find out anything useful. All the evidence pointed at them wanting a 15 year mortgage (age, key facts docs etc) but the terms appeared to have been added after they had signed the documents.

You need to send a Subject Access Request to the broker and to Rooftop ( I know you're on that already now I've read back a bit - and actually I'm probably thinking of your case anyway !! )
                      Last edited by Amethyst; 27th September 2016, 14:15:PM.
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

we signed for what we thought was 15 years but without us knowing the broker changed it to 30 years
                        How do you know the broker changed it?

(I'm being devil's advocate not disbelieving )

Di

Comment

hello
                          re the broker he closed his doors three weeks after we completed our mortgage through them and a few years back we had contact from 12 other couples who they did the same too
                          we signed the paperwork and he took it away and send he would finish all the other parts he needed to do and then he would get the paperwork back to us
                          it was after we completed we contacted them and was told they no longer existed (as the phone number belonged to a man from a private house and he said that bt had given him this number and that he had loads of calls in the first years and only gets two a year now as we still have the number) and when we did some digging that's when we found these other 12 ppl who the broker did the same too
                          we took out the mortgage in 2nd March 2005 for £130.000
                          we just dont no what to do next
                          as they have sent us paperwork that has another persons information on and his mortgage details ,they have also sent us up to 10 copies of the same letter with the same date on lots of letters they have sent us duplicate or triplicate
                          we just want to get away from Rooftop
                          is our only option to sell and pay them off and even if we do this they want 1.5 % for ending the mortgage early
                          it just feels that we will never get away from them or be able to anything about it all
                          Trish

Comment

Sorry just found the other one I was thinking of - it was a Swift Loan not Rooftop Swift 10yr loan £43k - they say its 25 years
                            this might be of interest although not a mortgage - http://legalbeagles.info/scottish-legal-news-news/

Do you still have contact with the other people affected by similar to you - and have any of them made any progress in getting things sorted ?

Do you have any possibility of remortgaging and swallowing the 1.5% ERC (unless there is anything on unfair terms can be looked at?)?
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

re the broker he closed his doors three weeks after we completed our mortgage through them and a few years back we had contact from 12 other couples who they did the same too
                              we signed the paperwork and he took it away and send he would finish all the other parts he needed to do and then he would get the paperwork back to us
                              it was after we completed we contacted them and was told they no longer existed
                              He may have closed his doors three weeks later but I wonder if he opened new doors after he thought 'the coast was clear'. That's what rogue brokers tend to do.

It might be worth doing a bit of detective work if you can remember their name. Was it a sole trader or was it a company/business ?

Dont post the details on the forum because it wouldn't be a good idea to publically accuse them of unlawful conduct unless or until that's proven.

Di

Comment

helloand thank you for your postswe want to be mortgage free as we are in our 50 s and that was our plan re getting in contact with other ppl i do not have there details anymore but there are other posts re Rooftop on the forum we can try to find the ppl who did our brokering but it was 11 years ago and the man was in his late 50s then or older i get the feeling that the only way to get rid of rooftop is to sell give them what they say we owe and start again but thats giving them what they want and i always thought a contract between had to be fair on both sides or have i got that completely wrong i just want to get rid of rooftopcould we take them to court re the terms and being charged 6% above base rate or charges on charges they put on when we did fall into arrearsTrish

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X