• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ROOFTOP mortgage - applied for 15 years - told its for 30 years !!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ROOFTOP mortgage - applied for 15 years - told its for 30 years !!!!!

hello
    please can you give us advise on what we do re rooftop
    do we start that ras again as we never got any reply last time i know it has been a few years since
    we want to sell our house but rooftop are saying we have to pay them back £116.991 to clear our mortgage as we have been paying 6% above base rate since we started our mortgage we have already paid them over and beyond
    as we only originally signed with them for a term of 15 yrs we thought we had finished and was told no our mortgage is for 30 years
    we never signed for that
    i have tried to contact our old mortgage broker but they no longer exist
    what can we do to get away from them is our only option to sell and pay them what they want
    any help or advise you couls give us would be so helpful
    Trish

Comment

Hi

really need a copy of the agreements to start, if they didnt send them when requested its worth going through the ICO asap. I understand a little bit about this, and why brokers used to do this, show you one set of figures ( 15y ) then change it right at the end.

A very simplistic explanations ( correct for the time )
      15y mortgagee term, ------ broker get next to nothing
      30y Mortgagee term -------- Brokers driving a Jag,
      crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

hello
        please can you tell me what ICO is please
        thank you
        Trish

Comment

Hi

https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/

i would contact rooftop again and chase them up as well
          crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

thank you

Comment

hello
              have re done the sar and sent next day delivery
              so this time they cant say they did not get it
              but what do i do with the information they return to us
              Trish

Comment

Hi

If you contacting roftop again, i would maybe try ask for the following

List of charges they made for your application
                List of commissions they made
                and as much financial detail as possible.

List of difference of them charges on 15y and 30y mortgagee, rates on both 15y and 30y

and any thing else you can think off in relation to charges.

A mortgage statement from your first year
                Any charges added on to your mortgagee upon compilation ( fees, solicitors costs ect )

Names of any of the companies involved ( sols, mortgagee, surveyor ect )

but what do i do with the information they return to us
                Trish
                You mayu have been mislead, or not provided sufficient information by your mortgagee suppler to make an informed dissension, also, ( not uncommon for the time ) , you may have tryly thought you were signing for a 15y mortgagee when you got a 30y one.

To argue this, you need all the data/figures.

Comment

hello
                  rooftop replied today stating that they are disputing my signature and they want an original or original certified copy of my passport or driving licence and they are saying that this must be done by a solicitor or commissioner for oaths or notary public
                  does this mean they want me to send them my passport as i dont have a driving licence
                  i aslo have to send them 10.00 which i have no problem with just unsure re my signature
                  are they trying to avoid giving us the information

Comment

Lol .. No they can not insist that it goes through a solicitor or local notary. Its just a delaying tactic. I think just a copy of the passport, a council tax bill and an enegy bill with the £ 10.

Comment

hello
                      rooftop replied today stating that they are disputing my signature and they want an original or original certified copy of my passport or driving licence and they are saying that this must be done by a solicitor or commissioner for oaths or notary public
                      does this mean they want me to send them my passport as i dont have a driving licence
                      i aslo have to send them 10.00 which i have no problem with just unsure re my signature
                      are they trying to avoid giving us the information

- - - Updated - - -

hello
                      sorry for double posting i rang rooftop and they are saying that they are within there rights to ask for this as they believe my signature is not mine
                      and they say they will only move forward if i abide by what they are asking for

Comment

Hi

You can ring the help line for the ICO and get confirmation on whats acceptable, then rooftop will not be able to argue. Its worth persuing this is suspect.

Comment

hello
                          thought i would give an update
                          i got a photocopy of my passport signed by by dr they have said that they will not accept this
                          and that they want my original passport
                          and they are also saying that once they have the original they have 40 days to answer my
                          request

Comment

Hi

i am just checking something on documents,. Can you give them a call, ask for the name of there data controller, and ask him to confirm that they will only accept originals, signed byu the doctor. ( sounds like there just trying to delay/frustrate you )

( update - i jumped the gun abit )

Comment

hello
                              i rang rooftop today (19/8/02016) re data controller's name
                              they told me that the team member's name is loren turner and its general team as they said over the phone that they do not have a data controller its just a team who deal with general enquiries which they are saying this falls under
                              thank you so much for your help
                              Trish

Comment

Hi I am just asking the ICO what the current position is on original documents.

Sounds like rooftop are going to try mess around or not make thinks easy for you, so make sure you add all questions needed in the same letter,
                                ICo has just confirmed they can not insist on origionals, i have just asked them to point to the correct legislation so you can send it to there data person . They are sending a link to there site to send to rooftop, that explains what they can, and canot insist on origionals

They sent a link, but i dont think it relevent, and have asked them to check agains, they snet
                                https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations...ccess-request/

and under the heading, can i ask for more information.... but that doesnt make sence as an answer , so i have asked them to confirm it

Update --- my live chat session crashed before i could copy what they said. ( they confirmed that a company can not insist or original documents, )

If anyone needs a general quire over SAR or FOI requests, this is very easy to use and fast, siome times you have to push for a less general responce if needed, but you get there
                                https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/live-chat/
                                Last edited by Crazy council; 19th August 2016, 12:56:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X