• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Summons from Cabot Financial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court Summons from Cabot Financial

Hi there,

I'd be grateful for some advice please... I received a county court summons issued on the 16/01/14; Cabot claiming a debt to CitiGroup allegedly owed by me. I sent them a request to send me a copy of the CCA along with a cheque for a £1 to cover the admin fee, and clearly stating that it was not payment towards the debt on 22/01/14.

I also completed the defence statement to the court enclosing a copy of the letter to Cabot. I received prompt acknowledgement from both, Cabot interestingly enough said that they do not have the information on file but have contacted the original creditor and hoped to be in receipt of it within 40 days.

Today 05/02/14 I receive a letter from Wright Hassal (Cabot's solicitor, what a play on words!) repeating the blurb from Cabot's acknowledgment, but they then go on to offer me a 10% discount on the debt that I told them that I don't acknowledge, and told them not to chase me for if they could not produce the original CCA! Their 14 days are almost up, am I to keep expecting these letters from them effectively telling me that they need more time but I can still hand over my lunch money? & what happens with the court summons? I'm assuming this must lapse at some point?

I should add at this point that I foolishly took out this loan on behalf of and signed jointly with my high maintenance ex parter for cosmetic surgery in 2005. She refused to pay the loan and then ran off with the electrician who was working on our house. He gets all the benefits, and I get the debt. There has been no contact on my part with Citigroup, or Scabot or any of the other vultures who have tried to cash in on a debt that they paid far less than the £1,100.00 odd they are pursuing me for, and the default has been removed from my credit file quite some years ago now. I believe that the debt is now statute barred now but I need to close this out.

Thanking you in advance for your help,

LegalPrey?
    Last edited by LegalPrey?; 6th February 2014, 08:00:AM. Reason: More background info added

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X