• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HFO Capital, Alasdair Turnbull, HFO Services Ltd - credit licences revoked by OFT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HFO Capital, Alasdair Turnbull, HFO Services Ltd - credit licences revoked by OFT

They agreed to end their appeal and voluntarily agreed to the determination to refuse to renew. Effectively threw the towel in and gave up the fight for their licences. All on file according to FCA, which would be taken into consideration should they / or former directors ever apply for FCA approval in the future. There an FCA Press release about it somewhere which explains in detail.

https://fca.org.uk/news/statements/a...apital-limited

After all the money spent by the OFT (Taxpayers' public money I may add) this is the misery ending to this case which has robbed many people of the opportunity to give evidence against these companies as to how their lives have been traumatised by the actions of HFO et al.
    Last edited by andi-leigh2; 19th April 2016, 23:42:PM.

Comment

Re: HFO Capital, Alasdair Turnbull, HFO Services Ltd - credit licences revoked by OFT

If you are unfortunate enough to have been paying these lot (in my case by an attachment of earnings order) it's wort getting in touch with the court to find out where your payments have been going. Mine have ended up in a suspense account as CAPS has nowhere to send them. They have asked my local Court (who have been most helpful) to put the case to the District Judge for further direction as to what to do with the case/funds. It's gone off my credit record now anyway, and I only pay £20 a month but it'd be nice to be free from it (or even get a refund of the suspended funds)

Comment

Re: OFT finds three debt businesses unfit and excludes a solicitor from undertaking l

https://fca.org.uk/news/statements/a...apital-limited

5 Years ???????!!!!!!!!!!!! Not fast enough !

Comment

Hi all. Thought i'd drop you a quick update regarding my case with HFO. I received notification from my local County Court that the District Judge has discharded me from my attachment of earnings order (good news, even though they haven't actually communicated this to CAPS yet). I've spoken with CAPS and they have confirmed that my payments have been going into a suspense account as there has been nowhere for them to go. Strangely though it would appear that HFO have been receiving payments up until January this year despite them losing their licence nearly a year before. I want to claim back the money thats held in the CAPS suspense account but is there anything I can do about the funds they shouldn't have received?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X