• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gothia Limited and their advisors Largo Law

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gothia Limited and their advisors Largo Law

lol, it's fine. So was it a real debt ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Amethyst

The letter does mention that, and it caused mayhem. Shortly after, Harris of Largo Law disappeared - never to return.

The agreement just mentions a holiday, Harris said in the letter, "for your Wife."

In the SAR there was a DSR with the agreement reference 91/233684 added to the DSR. I asked Harris, how could a 1991 agreement appear on a DSR, as these regulations were not adopted by the Uk until post 2000.

Harris never replied, and this has always been an ace up my sleeve.

I jumped to the wrong conclusion and I am sorry
      MC

Comment

Hey Amethyst,
        There is a saying that one sees what one expects to see. I do believe that you just might ha unearthed something extra - give me a moment.

MC

Comment

Hi Amethyst

A small mistake. But: I have the Distance Selling Regulation checklist, and at the top of this document there is an Agreement number 05/906813.

As stated, the DSR's were not adopted in the UK until post 2000. On this document is the Agreement reference 91/233684 which states, "to buy vehicle for Wife."

The DSR states "Date of Agreement 3/6/91, and date of 1st Payment 23/6/91

The Agreement just states "Vehicle."

I asked Harris why a 1991 agreement could appear on a DSR as the UK had not adopted the DSR's in 1991.

This crass error by Harris was the start of Gothia's retreat.

MC

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            Who is Mrs Platts ?
            Mr Platts's wife.

Comment

Originally posted by MuchConcerned View Post
              Can you imagine how I feel?
              Yes.

You are wondering if Largo Law occurs in some dime store Western novelette, as the Largo Law Gang and Bobby, the Case-slinger Kid.

Comment

Hi

The following is AFS’s case notes:
                03/06/1991 *02 N/Care changed from ****** to yes
                03/06/1991 *11 Birth date changed from
                10/03/1991 *03 Pay method changed from B to D
                10/03/1991 *23 Bank data changed was
                The asterisks and blank spaces are deleted sensitive information.
                “N/Care” refers to payment protection insurance which is found in the Financial Details box in the Agreement. The available choices are “No” it is not required, or “Yes” it is required.
                If N\Care is not required the cost of the monthly payments are calculated without the option of N/care. If N/care is required the cost of the monthly payments are increased to accommodate the cost of the insurance.
                The first entry in AFS’s case notes, suggest the Agreement initially did not have insurance, and at the same time, the Agreement did have insurance. As perverse as this sounds, on the 03/06/1991 when the Agreement was executed this brought about a change in the need for payment protection insurance. An agreement does not have the facility to accept such changes
                Last edited by MuchConcerned; 8th February 2014, 08:47:AM.

Comment

In the above post, the 3rd entry in AFS's case notes shows a change in the pay method.

The Agreement was signed on the 03/06/1991, and this agreement was being paid by pay method B. So, just 7 days after the Agreement had been signed the account holder informed AFS that he/she was no longer going to pay the account by pay method B.

Therefore, prior to the 10/06/1991 the account had been receiving payments through payment B.

Gothia, nor Largo Law could answer such questions this raised.

MC

Comment

Hi

As stated, on the 11/11/1993, AFS was refused their application to set aside a judgment. The Stay of Execution was predicated on the receipt of my £10 per month payment.

This means the Judgment that AFS wanted set aside, was the Judgment that carried the Court Order which was payable by instalments.

This fact destroys the argument that AFS's solicitor agreed to allow me to pay by £10 instalments.

I asked Gothia: if AFS obtained 3 Judgments which were payable forthwith, how does this square with a Court Order to pay £10 per month on one specific judgment?

Gothia refused to answer my question.

MC

Comment

Amethyst

The owner of accounts 91/233676 and 91/233684 was known by the original creditor, and Gothia. The following is AFS’s case notes:
                      07/02/1992
                      *%%
                      RDD received return code 1
                      07/02/1992
                      Pay method changed from D to C
                      07/02/1992
                      Bank data changed was 77 22 14 08897768
                      My bank account for the period under review was 04537660
                      I know the identity of the person who owned the bank account 08897768, and I only found this when I received the SAR in 2009.
                      I will PM you with that identity, but I have a feeling that you already know said identity

MC
                      Last edited by MuchConcerned; 8th February 2014, 07:45:AM.

Comment

Amethyst

Will you confirm that you received my PM?

MC

Comment

Hi Guest

Having a good Day?

MC

Comment

In order to confuse me, AFS’s case notes for the two accounts were altered as follows:
                            03/06/1991
                            N/Care changed from ****** to yes
                            03/06/1991
                            Birth date changed from
                            10/03/1991
                            Pay method changed from B to D
                            10/03/1991
                            Bank data changed was

The above is showing that sensitive data has been hidden or deleted. Importantly these alterations occurred on the day the Agreement was signed, and just 7 days after the Agreement had been signed

Comment

Originally posted by MuchConcerned View Post
                              Amethyst

Will you confirm that you received my PM?

MC
                              Have just read it xx
                              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi

When I reported Gothia to the FoS, they informed me that they could not investigate the aged agreements, the FoS added, "From the letters the matter could be considered by the ICO."

I did not do any follow up

MC

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X