• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gothia Limited and their advisors Largo Law

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gothia Limited and their advisors Largo Law

Well! Not computer savvy.

MC

Comment

Hi all

My attempt to upload a file has turned into thumb

Comment

Its okay it can be viewed when clicked on.. Carry on

Comment

Hi ODC

When I click on the thumbnail, I cannot see anything

MC

Comment

Hi all

In the event the image can be read, the letter states that Gothia are holding three County Court Judgments which were allegedly payable in full forthwith.

Gothia, however, informed me, the plaintiff's solicitor agreed that I could repay the judgment debts at £10 per month.

In the first instance, if a creditor obtains three judgments in the sum of circa £9000.00 does not allow their solicitor to allow the defendant to repay the debt at £10 per month - which would take about 75 years to clear.

MC

Comment

Attached is a rotated copy, still a thumbnail.
              I see that Largo Law is in walking distance for me.
              Attached Files

Comment

The upload has worked fine, and thanks for rotating it

Obvious question then... do you recall getting a CCJ for this debt ?
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Amethyst

Do I recall getting a CCJ for:

91/233368 for £3989.37
                  91/233676 for £1426.62
                  91/233684 for £4389.37

The answer is an emphatic "NO"

Do I remember a CCJ obtained for £433.58 in 1993, the answer is "YES"

The following is absolutely absurd!

After nine months questioning Gothia about 91/233368, they finally admitted that a typo had occurred and that 91/233368 was in fact 91/233684.

But if you look at the two amounts 91/233368 = £3989.37, and 91/233684 = £4389.37

Gothia has never explained the contradiction, and as far as I am concerned, the dispute remains in place because of Gothia's intransigence!

There is much more to follow, and some of it, the Forum will never believe.

MC
                  Last edited by MuchConcerned; 6th February 2014, 10:18:AM. Reason: mistake

Comment

Originally posted by MuchConcerned View Post
                    There is much more to follow, and some of it, the Forum will never believe.

MC
                    Might be an idea to summarise all this stuff now so we know the exact situation.
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hi all

I will add this, Gothia informed me, the solicitors acting for the original creditor agreed a repayment amount of £10.00 per month on three Judgments which were payable in full forthwith.

Gothia and Largo Law remained intransigent that this was how the original creditor arrived with the £10.00 per month payment.

On the 22 March 2011, under instruction from Gothia, Largo Law informed the Financial Ombudsman:

"You will note that on the 11/11/1993 (the original creditor) recorded a County Court Order detailing a Stay of Execution on payment of £10 per calendar month."

The £10 per month payment which Largo Law and Gothia assert was agreed by the plaintiff's solicitor, was in fact a Court Order.

MC

Comment

Right so you got a CCJ for £433.58 in 1993 which you made an offer to pay of £10 a month which was accepted by the court and solicitors and the execution of the judgment was stayed - did you then pay the £10 a month ?

Gothia / Largo are then 'pretending' in your opinion that this CCJ was actually for three other debts and using that to bug you for payment ?
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi Amethyst

Nearly, but not accurate. According to Largo Law, the Judgment which I recovered from the SAR was a forthwith judgment: here lies the rub!

Gothia and Largo Law want me to believe their story. Let me go through Largo Law's input.

1: I was awarded three forthwith judgments total circa £9000
                          2: Because of my financial situation, the solicitor overruled the Judge's forthwith order and allowed me to pay by £10 instalments.
                          3: Yes, the Court received my £10 per month payment.

Allow me to relate what Largo Law said:

"Despite the judgment stating the debts were payable in full forthwith, previous solicitors dealing, Lester Aldridge, agreed with you that the judgment debts could be paid by way of monthly instalments of £10.00. This was a concessionary agreement bearing in mind your financial situation at the time."

Followed by:

"(The original creditor) was a liberty to apply the instalments against any or all of the debts (unless you can prove otherwise by way of production of a court order) and, therefore, applied the repayments to the highest value debt at the time."

Can you imagine how I feel, and who could believe the above?

MC
                          Last edited by MuchConcerned; 6th February 2014, 12:05:PM. Reason: mistake

Comment

Hi Amethyst,

I attended Court for a redetermination hearing, and at that hearing the Court issued a CCJ payable monthly at £10 per month>

MC

Comment

Okay, sorry to be a pain just making sure I understand this, and I don't feel I do as yet.

What is YOUR version of events is what I'm trying to work out.

1: Got a CCJ of £400 odd
                              2: Forthwith judgment varied to £10 a month which you have been paying
                              3: Largo pretend to have other CCJs being paid under same judgment.

So if you can just put it simply for me like above that'd be good ta xx
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by MuchConcerned View Post
                                Hi Amethyst,

I attended Court for a redetermination hearing, and at that hearing the Court issued a CCJ payable monthly at £10 per month>

MC
                                And that was just on the £433 CCJ in '93 ?
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X