• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gothia Limited and their advisors Largo Law

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gothia Limited and their advisors Largo Law

Hi All
    This is about a saga I have been having with Gothia Limited and their legal advisors, Largo Law.

On the 13/08/2009, Gothia Limited informed me they were holding a CCJ in my name and they wanted me to repay the debt of £1426.62 which included legal costs of £369.25.

During July 2009, I informed Gothia that my credit file was clear of any outstanding CCJ’s which stretched back to 2001. Here, Gothia made a search of my credit file, and could not fail to notice the freedom of CCJ’s.

Just 6 days before Gothia sent me their letter, their case notes revealed:
    30/05/2008
    TXT
    Legal review: Personal Loan: Last paid 29/07/1992
    30/05/2008
    TXT
    Procedure type change: New procedure STAT-B010 issue discount letter
    07/05/2009
    TXT
    Standard procedure stage processed. Park ready for sale (STAT-B999)
    07/08/2009
    TXT
    Send case to RCM - Stat-Barred
    An account which has benefit of Judgment cannot become statute barred.

Gothia Limited and the original creditor could not have obtained a Judgment which attracted legal costs. I have been informed thia matter concerns “taking advantage of a pecuniary situation, which is deception.”

The Police do not want to involve themselves in consumer law, unless money has been stolen and that proof of theft has occurred.

I would appreciate comments of advice
    MuchConcerned
    Last edited by MuchConcerned; 5th February 2014, 08:14:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: Gothia Limited and their advisors Largo Law

Hi all
    Continuing:
    The Agreement associated with the alleged debt was not in my name. I refer to the original creditor’s case notes:
    21//02/2002
    TXT
    LA: please give an update on this on this account
    08/03/2002
    TXT
    LA response: we don't have a '"***" under this agreement number

I have deleted my surname with the asterisks.
    On the 08/03/2002, the original agreement was not in my name, but when I received the Subject Access Request, the agreement recovered from the SAR was in my name.
    Between the 08/03/2002 and the 13/08/2009, the agreement had been falsified.
    The above message has the initials LA – these refer to the original creditor’s solicitor, Lester Aldridge
    MC

Comment

A CCJ can become kind of stat barred if they do not enforce or attempt to enforce the CCJ within 6 years from obtaining it they can't suddenly pop up and ask you to pay it, they would have to reapply to court, and also if they sold the CCJ on, the new owner would have to apply to the court too.

If you are being hassled now after over 6 years I would simply respond to tell them the CCJ is over six years old and as such they are unable to enforce it without going back to the court.

From the account notes it doesn't sound as though they have ever had a CCJ on the account, and if they didn't the debt would be stat barred anyway.

You mention you are having a saga with Gothia etc but only mention contact between you and they from 2009. What is the current situation with this?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi

What I have posted so far only scratches the surface. If it OK with you, I would like to complete the facts: can I do that?

MC

Comment

Hi all

I need to use attachments so that I can post up Gothia's and Largo Law's letters. Can someone help me, please

MC

Comment

When you went to the police, did you speak to divisional officers, i.e. beat bobbies? They are correct in that they do not deal with matters falling under the scope of Consumer Law. You need to speak to your local Trading Standards Department and the OFT's Credit Fitness Team. Due to the fact the DCA in your case has resorted to deceitful conduct, you should email OFT CFT at enquiries@oft.gov.uk and insert "Credit Fitness" in the subject box of your email browser.

Put the following information at the head of your email -

Name of DCA
            DCA's OFT Debt Collection Licence Number

Explain concisely what has happened. You should forward a copy of the email to your local Trading Standards Department for their information. You can obtain the DCA's Licence Number from the OFT's website at www.oft.gov.uk.

Hope this helps.
            Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Hi
              I initially spoke with a civilian on the front desk of the Police Station who told me it was not police business. I then reported Gothia to Action Fraud who gave me a crime number.

When they placed a debt search on my credit file, I hit the roof. The reason for their debt search stated, "you breached on a payment."

The CRA is Callcredit who did nothing.

MC

Comment

Thanks Bluebottle, I will follow your advice.

MC

Comment

I have spoken with the ICO who have told me to write to Gothia and complain about the inaccurate information they hold under my name.

I require this debt collector to follow the ICO advice and in doing so, admit their wrong doing. I have also spoken with a solicitor who informed me that Gothia might have taken advantage of a pecuniary situation.

MC

Comment

For uploading documents - http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...r-details-safe!)
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thank you, Amethyst,

I will now commence to upload said letters. I think Largo Law's letters will be eye openers for any reader. Their various assertions are puerile nonsense. On one occasion, Largo Law tried to contradict the Bac's rules concerning the re-presentation of direct debits,

MC

Comment

The plot thickens. If this Largo Law is registered with the Solicitors Regulation Authority, you may wish to have a chat with them about the contents of Largo Law's correspondence. Good to see you have contacted Action Fraud and been allocated a crime reference number. This will, eventually, filter through to your local police force. The civilian support staff you encounter at the front desk of police stations can vary in their level of expertise. Some are a little wanting in their knowledge skills, whilst others are pretty knowledgeable. Also good that you have contacted the ICO. They can "kick ass" if they have to and can impose fines of up to £500,000 on those who breach Data Protection legislation. The largest fine they have imposed to date is £480,000.
                        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Personally I'd rather see the communications before suggesting further action.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi Amethyst,

Just done the weekly shopping. I am now starting to scan the relevant letters. I will post up later. Thanks for your time.

MC

Comment

Hi all

I think I followed the instructions correctly, and I am hoping this works.

MC
                              Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X