• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I am a victim of police & Bailiff actions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I am a victim of police & Bailiff actions

Originally posted by inneedofhelp View Post
    If you would be so kind bluebottle. Please link.
    http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
      I know I may get shot down in flames BUT .................

The Director you have mentioned is usually a very fair person and no doubt his Bailiff will have told him what he wanted to know.
      It is very tempting to substitute the word "know" with "hear". Whilst Mr Garland may be very fair usually, if it does transpire that the bailiff lied about the arrest warrant and succeeded in hoodwinking the police officers who attended, the sh1t will hit the fan and Mr Garland may come out of this incident smelling of said bodily waste product, notwithstanding that the matter is already smelling of something ripe.

Comment

Thank you bluebottle for that link.

Know, hear, or even think, This was the true facts in what had occurred in the eyes of his officer. Surely the Police would have informed him about this matter and the TRUE facts were mentioned to him on following up their enquiries?

I also smell a big dung heap.

Comment

Thank you bluebottle for that link.

Know, hear, or even think, This was the true facts in what had occurred in the eyes of his officer. Surely the Police would have informed him about this matter and the TRUE facts were mentioned to him on following up their enquiries?

I also smell a big dung heap.
          Trouble is, a lot of police forces in England and Wales have not trained their frontline officers in bailiff law, so they turn up at incidents totally unprepared. Having said this, however, a growing number of English and Welsh police forces are initiating training in bailiff law for their frontline officers, but not before officers, quite likely with unblemished service records, find out the hard way just how disingenuous and dishonest certificated bailiffs can be. Recently, Northumbria Police initiated training in bailiff law for their officers after 11 officers were reprimanded for their involvement in a similar incident to your own. Those officers are now sadder and wiser people as a result. It is very likely that if they meet up with the bailiff concerned again, they are likely to use the scumbag for target practice for their tasers.:grin:

Comment

I have no sympathy towards them what so ever. They acted in an uncivilised manor towards me when It was I who asked for help. If a Sgt can not comply with simplicity then damn them all. They should have made deeper enquiries before mishandling me in a way I felt was criminal. How can we have faith in our Police forces if they act in this way when confronted with the likes of these scum bags who extort money from people in the same boat as I. It is simply not a good enough excuses for them to turn on the public when faced with the scum these bailiffs are.

I have been rendered to submission and felt wholly broken in how I was treated.

I have no idea on what I am to ask of the court manager. It seems they are a law upon them self's and do what ever they choose.

Comment

I have no sympathy towards them what so ever. They acted in an uncivilised manor towards me when It was I who asked for help. If a Sgt can not comply with simplicity then damn them all. They should have made deeper enquiries before mishandling me in a way I felt was criminal. How can we have faith in our Police forces if they act in this way when confronted with the likes of these scum bags who extort money from people in the same boat as I. It is simply not a good enough excuses for them to turn on the public when faced with the scum these bailiffs are.

I have been rendered to submission and felt wholly broken in how I was treated.

I have no idea on what I am to ask of the court manager. It seems they are a law upon them self's and do what ever they choose.
              Okay. The questions you need answers to are as follows -
              1. On what date was a reminder sent to you about your fine account and to what address?
              2. On what date was a Further Steps Notice sent to you and to what address?
              3. On what date was the Distress Warrant issued?
              4. On what date was the Distress Warrant passed to Excel?
              5. Was Excel informed of the fine being paid in full and, if so, on what date?
              6. Was an Arrest Warrant issued and, if so, on what date?
              7. If an Arrest Warrant was issued, on what date was this passed to Excel?
              8. If an Arrest Warrant was issued, was it backed for bail or not backed for bail?
              9. Did Excel or the bailiff seek authority to force entry to your home from the nominated officer at the court and, if so, on what date?

Once you have clear answers to these questions, we can then address the issues involved.

The best way to look at the current situation is like a jigsaw puzzle which is partly-completed, but some pieces are missing. This is because other people hold those pieces. Hopefully, the Court Manager will have those pieces with which you can complete the puzzle and see the bigger picture. If you can visualise the situation like that, as you get the missing pieces and slot them into place, you will begin to feel you are getting there.

Hope this helps.

Comment

This Morning I had a response from HMC.

Q 1 - 3 answered.

Q. 4. Probably they received it soon after the 19th Dec 13.

Q. 5. Yes. 10th Jan 14.

Q. 6. NO.

Q. 7. Never was a warrant for arrest.

Q. 8. ----------

Q. 9. Question unanswered... Called them up 'HMC' to clarify my questions and this was all I was told. "We sent you a letter and if I had any disagreement then I should again write a letter to them." 'HMC'

They are washing their hands of the matter in my opinion.

Also. I should receive a letter from Excel within 20 working day's. The lies the bailiff reported are untrue and false. Used an outdated electronic mail too turn the police on me to gain access unlawfully.

Comment

This Morning I had a response from HMC.

Q 1 - 3 answered.

Q. 4. Probably they received it soon after the 19th Dec 13.

Q. 5. Yes. 10th Jan 14.

Q. 6. NO.

Q. 7. Never was a warrant for arrest.

Q. 8. ----------

Q. 9. Question unanswered... Called them up 'HMC' to clarify my questions and this was all I was told. "We sent you a letter and if I had any disagreement then I should again write a letter to them." 'HMC'

They are washing their hands of the matter in my opinion.

Also. I should receive a letter from Excel within 20 working day's. The lies the bailiff reported are untrue and false. Used an outdated electronic mail too turn the police on me to gain access unlawfully.
                  Oooooh dear. Something tells me the police officers who attended are in deep s**t, along with the bailiff. However, given that the Court Manager has kindly hung the bailiff by what they have said, this does give you some leverage where Excel and the police force involved are concerned.

As for the question as to whether the bailiff was authorised by the nominated court officer to force entry, as the Court Manager has chosen to be unco-operative in this respect, it might be worth contacting the Area Enforcement Team for your locality. They are at a higher level and should be able to access court records. Also, Area Enforcement Teams tend, on the whole, to be very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                    Oooooh dear. Something tells me the police officers who attended are in deep s**t, along with the bailiff. However, given that the Court Manager has kindly hung the bailiff by what they have said, this does give you some leverage where Excel and the police force involved are concerned.

As for the question as to whether the bailiff was authorised by the nominated court officer to force entry, as the Court Manager has chosen to be unco-operative in this respect, it might be worth contacting the Area Enforcement Team for your locality. They are at a higher level and should be able to access court records. Also, Area Enforcement Teams tend, on the whole, to be very helpful.
                    Thanks bluebottle.

I had taken it that it was the enforcement office I had written to asking for the answers to my questions. The number I have is 01633645112 "Wales Enforcement Office Cramic Way Port Talbot South Wales."

It was the court line manager that passed my letter too them. 'The fines dept.' or HMCTS Port Talbot.

I was very angered with what I was told and not told in the letter and was abruptly hung up on after venting my disbelief in their answers that they fobbed me off with.

I deeply appreciate your help in this matter blue. But I feel as if I am going around in circles with it all. The Police and bailiffs acted irresponsibly in the way they operated there manoeuvre on me in extorting monies that was not rightfully theirs to collect after they had notification that the fine had been paid 18 days prior to them calling upon me.

Comment

Thanks bluebottle.

I had taken it that it was the enforcement office I had written to asking for the answers to my questions. The number I have is 01633645112 "Wales Enforcement Office Cramic Way Port Talbot South Wales."

It was the court line manager that passed my letter too them. 'The fines dept.' or HMCTS Port Talbot.

I was very angered with what I was told and not told in the letter and was abruptly hung up on after venting my disbelief in their answers that they fobbed me off with.

I deeply appreciate your help in this matter blue. But I feel as if I am going around in circles with it all. The Police and bailiffs acted irresponsibly in the way they operated there manoeuvre on me in extorting monies that was not rightfully theirs to collect after they had notification that the fine had been paid 18 days prior to them calling upon me.

Don't give up. Where HMCTS Criminal Enforcement is concerned you have the following levels -

District - which is at court level
                      Area - which covers a number of counties or the whole of Wales
                      Regional - which covers the North or South of England and Wales
                      National - which covers the whole of England and Wales.

Most issues, not resolved at court level, are nearly always resolved at Area level. It is very rare, indeed, for a matter to need to be progressed to Regional or even National level.

The Area Enforcement Team for Wales is based at Port Talbot Justice Centre, Harbourside Road, Port Talbot.

I will post up the contact details for the Wales Area team later. You will need to inform South Wales Police and IPCC of the fact that the bailiff lied about the arrest warrant. However, hold fire on that until you have made contact with the HMCTS Area Enforcementy Team.

Comment

I thank you for your assistance in my time of hostility between those that protect us and those that defend our civil liberties.

I can not ever even think this is all over a little less than a miserly £15.00 How the F**k are people able to do this is beyond me. It goes deep to the core with a capital CORRUPTION from the highest level. But that is my own individual opinion.

Thank you Bluebottle.

Comment

I thank you for your assistance in my time of hostility between those that protect us and those that defend our civil liberties.

I can not ever even think this is all over a little less than a miserly £15.00 How the F**k are people able to do this is beyond me. It goes deep to the core with a capital CORRUPTION from the highest level. But that is my own individual opinion.

Thank you Bluebottle.
                          The telephone you quote is the same number as for the Area Team. I am, therefore, assuming it is a central switchboard.

In order to escalate this matter, you will need to send an email to -

WalesEnf.ContactCentre@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk

In the subject box of your email browser put "For attn. of Senior Enforcement Manager or Service Delivery Manager".

At the head of your email put the following details -

Your Full Name
                          Your Current Address
                          Your Date of Birth
                          Court Reference

In the body of your email, explain concisely what has happened and quote contact telephone numbers, where available. Most importantly, keep emotion out of it no matter how much you may want to shake the court staff warmly by their throats.

In my experience and on the whole, HMCTS Area Enforcement Teams are very helpful. Hopefully, contacting this team will enable you to resolve the matter and put this behind you.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Hello again. I'm back after such a time with the decision from the Police complaints office. Stating the investigation is now complete. All parties involved have been held to no account of wrong doing. Neither the Bailiff nor Police have been held accountable for the actions taken on the day in question. I am not at all in anyway satisfied with the report made. The Police have sided with the Bailiff and nothing more is to be done. All cleared of any case to answer. What I had reported as to my side of the story has not been taken into consideration from what I'm reading on the report made by the investigating officer.

What I would like to know is:

Should I escalate more and take this further and appeal, or let it go? I feel cheated by the whole system. I don't know what I should do.

Comment

I'm afraid none of the above surprises me. I would be inclined to leave it it lie and put it down to experience. Others will have their own views. The advice to pursue it this far was not ideal IMO - very far from actually.

Please do not let ANYONE convince you to pursue this matter further.

Comment

Despite what Wombat states I would advise you to escalate your complaint & I'm sure Bluebottle would say the same. Its your decisions

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X