• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Scm solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scm solicitors

Hello

hope someone can help me, totally at rock bottom. I have a debt of £6000 with scm solicitors originally an unsecured loan with Lloyd's took out in 23 oct 2006 as reconsolidate on loan for overdraft made up mostly of bank charges and credit card balance again bigger trough large amount of charges. I had gone in the bank that day crying as charges had swallowed up my child tax credit, I as took to a side room wher I cried and explained to the bank lady that I had had a nervous breakdown in June 2006 after being bullied in my employment, they were ignoring or refusing the obligation to pay me statutory sick pay and how I was in a spiral of charges with Lloyd's tsb and didn't have money for food due to more charges etc. I was told under no circumstances be refunded any charges as I had got myself into this mess, but once I repaired my account that ant charges would be looked ya as I would be a good customer then, she then rang through to the loans department who arranged me the recon loan to enable me to have my child tax credit if £180 available to me. I was in tears and asked if this was my only route for child tax credit to be available as i didn't feel that comfortable as still was waiting for help regarding ssp and didn't know how quickly I would return to work. But to feed my children I signed for loan. Wish I had had access to information on sites like this then.

anyway I defaulted with loan and pay £5 per week to scm they have secured my debt now on my home. I still owe £6127 as charges for default etc made sum higher. I rang scm today asking for a full and final settlement figure as I am in a catch 22, have been looking after my father who has dementia sine 2008, but have managed to secure a really good full time job beginning in April but only if I show this debt as satisfied. Which I cannot afford without the job, I am just so sad. I have just heard from lloyds ppi reclaim that a letter is on the way to uphold my ppi claim with a £2500. And I was hoping to use this as a full and final settlement to show satisfied on my ccj.

thanks for any help or advice, such a low ebb and just want a normal life again
    Tags: None

Re: Scm solicitors

Hello and to LB .

Let's see if we can sort this for you. Can you clarify if the CCJ was for the Lloyd's loan which was then secured on your property by way of a charging order. You are waiting for the outcome of a PPI payment on this loan? Or have I misunderstood the situation?

Also you have got a new job (well done ) starting in April which may be in jeopardy if you can't prove this debt has been settled.

Will the PPI reclaim (if successful) be enough to satisfy the debt secured on your home?

Comment

The ccj is for the Lloyd's loan. It was unsecured but they then secured it. My mind was so much on my father and his health I don't have great memory of any forms but I do remember I received a blue form for the court with income and expenditure which I completed.

Lloyds said no ppi was on this 2006 loan, but I rang yesterday and they have upheld on 3 prev loans which did have ppi. £2500 refund due. Scm say they will only accept full £6127 to show ccj as satisfied.

and thank you so much

Comment

Are you able to say why the CCJ will effect your new job offer if it isn't fully satisfied? Is it a job in the financial services sector? There's a possibility that you may be able to explain the history of the situation to the hirer especially since this debt was incurred eight years ago

Comment

It is with a retail company that also is is financial sector as gives credit etc via buy now pay later and store cards. I will be a complaint handler uncanny wearing the other hat for ppi claims to the company. So it is a position of trust. Should I write to scm and explain all of this? And also include my £2500 offer. Also shall I ask them to only correspondence in writing?

Comment

Apologies for coming back late to you, still getting used to site

Comment

How did they secure the loan ...did they obtain an interim charging order?
              There are serious questions about the lawfullness of SCM solictors,as they were removed from The Law Societies Register of solicitors and law firms in July/August 2011 and at present there is a strong possibility they are and have been acting unlawfully since that date ..........I have drafted a complaint to the Solicitors Regulatory Authority about them which I am waiting a checkover by a certain qualified and experienced member of L/B before I send the complaint in.

Sparkie

Comment

Yes I it must be an interim charging order, default date is showing 2009 and ccj 2011 which I think is the 2011 charging order date. Will this stay on my file until 2017?, Lloyd's and scm solicitors have never been helpful, so I just stuck with £5 payment as if I contact them they demand more. And I dearly hope that they get there just deserts. Thanks againagain

Comment

If they obtained a charging order it will be registerded with the Land Rgistry and will stay on that register untill your house is sold....unless you pay the amount due before.
                  I would make enquiries with your land registry and ask if there is a charging order entered against your property.
                  Can you give the exact date the charging order was applied for by SCM??
                  Sparkie

Comment

Amazed to find no charging order on my home, which has made me feel so much better. I am going to write a very, nice letter explaining my circumstances and the job offer etc. but need to word it correctly to ensure that full and final settlement with note of satisfaction on all 3 credit files. Finger crossed. Any advice regarding letter would be appreciated. The wording on the letter from scm made me believe they would make me sell my home. Relieved is snap understatement

Comment

Originally posted by Tortoise32 View Post
                      Amazed to find no charging order on my home, which has made me feel so much better. I am going to write a very, nice letter explaining my circumstances and the job offer etc. but need to word it correctly to ensure that full and final settlement with note of satisfaction on all 3 credit files. Finger crossed. Any advice regarding letter would be appreciated. The wording on the letter from scm made me believe they would make me sell my home. Relieved is snap understatement
                      Can you scan and post up the letter from SCM ...remove your personal information from first.....lets have a look at what they actually say .......or can you just type exactly what it says and the date it was written.
                      Folks can assist in the wording of your letter much easier
                      Sparkie

Comment

They sent a letter a while ago, I shredded it, and haven't heard from them along time as set up,a standing order. I think it must of been when a paying in book was not recieved and payment hadn't arrived so which I set up the standing order. When I think about it they must have been scare tactics. I am also going to write a letter of complaint to Lloyd's, maybe years down the line but will send it to them, maybe get something back for the credit card charges, I didn't realise they we're reclaim able until December 2013 when I made my ppi claim and looked at the forums. I will send a nice letter explaining my circumstances and then let you know the result and wording they use, so I can beging with the full and final settlement.

Tortoise 32

Comment

Can anyone help me regarding full and final settlement with scm solicitors? I owe £6154 and have rec my ppi refund of £2514 from Lloyd's and I want to use it to clear this debt and show as CCJ marked as satisfied is this possible?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkie1723 View Post
                            How did they secure the loan ...did they obtain an interim charging order?
                            There are serious questions about the lawfullness of SCM solictors,as they were removed from The Law Societies Register of solicitors and law firms in July/August 2011 and at present there is a strong possibility they are and have been acting unlawfully since that date ..........I have drafted a complaint to the Solicitors Regulatory Authority about them which I am waiting a checkover by a certain qualified and experienced member of L/B before I send the complaint in.

Sparkie
                            I spotted this with my claim. The SRA number they quote on their letters doesn't register. I haven't pointed this out to them but what is the implication of this for them? Would the judge care if I told him?

i was gonna put in a complaint. Have you lodged yours?

Comment

Originally posted by orfoster View Post
                              I spotted this with my claim. The SRA number they quote on their letters doesn't register. I haven't pointed this out to them but what is the implication of this for them? Would the judge care if I told him?

i was gonna put in a complaint. Have you lodged yours?

Posted answer on the other thread........Have made mine and have had had written acknowledgement of it after I had an automated on line aknowledgement. Get your complaint in
                              Sparkie

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X