• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marbles and CapQuest Investment Ltd / NewDay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marbles and CapQuest Investment Ltd / NewDay

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
    It is indeed! I've enjoyed three and a half years of it! :grin:
    Now that we are into 2016 it is more than 2 years since Capquest took possession of my account - I haven't had anything from them for some time now.:fencing:

Comment

Originally posted by supermac9 View Post
      Now that we are into 2016 it is more than 2 years since Capquest took possession of my account - I haven't had anything from them for some time now.:fencing:
      Hello Supermac, happy new year!!

Crapquest have sold off some debts, so it may be worth checking credit files
      just in case this has happened.

nem

Comment

After a period of complete silence, I have started to receive calls from Capquest. Needless to say I have blocked their number and will ignore any voicemail messages.

Comment

Capquest have obviously realised that their phone calls aren't getting through, so I am now getting letters from them - the latest one states that I urgently need to contact them, and that if I don't, they will consider legal action.
          If they think that will encourage me to do anything they are sadly mistaken.

Update - the phone calls are starting again now, what an irritating lot they are.
          Last edited by supermac9; 9th September 2016, 08:05:AM. Reason: Update

Comment

Out of the blue, I have just received a default notice from Marbles, two and a half years after they sold it (January 2014!).
            I get the impression that they know they have cocked up here, and that the default should have been issued by them when I had fallen behind with payments, or before selling the account on at the absolute latest.
            I'll need some advice on how to respond.

Comment

Out of the blue, I have just received a default notice from Marbles, two and a half years after they sold it (January 2014!).
              I get the impression that they know they have cocked up here, and that the default should have been issued by them when I had fallen behind with payments, or before selling the account on at the absolute latest.
              I'll need some advice on how to respond.
              Good morning supermac.

Could you post a copy of the DN after removing personal matter?

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                Good morning supermac.

Could you post a copy of the DN after removing personal matter?

nem
                DN documents attached.
                Attached Files

Comment

Have written to New Day about this - copy attached
                  Attached Files

Comment

Have written to New Day about this - copy attached

not open

Comment

Marbles and CapQuest Investment Ltd / NewDay

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                      not open
                      Oops, password protected!:duh:

Undone and re-attached.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I've just had word back that the default in question does go back to 2013 - they've also offered me £25 !

Comment

Oops, password protected!:duh:

Undone and re-attached.
                          Can't open attachment.
                          nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                            Can't open attachment.
                            nem
                            Odd?

Copied into body of message instead - as follows:

Matt Caven
                            Director, Collections & Recoveries
                            New Day Ltd
                            NewDay House
                            Bruntcliffe Way
                            Morley
                            Leeds
                            LS27 0JG

Dear Matt,

Account No:

I refer to your letter dated 27
                            th September 2016 which notifiedme of you registering a default against my former (and sold) Marbles creditcard account.

As you will be aware, the Information CommissionersOffice reported in 2014 (‘Principles for the Reporting of Arrears, Arrangementsand Defaults at Credit Reference Agencies’) that a default notice should beissued when an account is between 3 and 6 months in arrears, and that you musthave notified me of your intention to register a default at least 28 daysbefore doing so. It is clear that you have failed to do either, and have simplyregistered the default to enable the existing owner of the alleged debt to takeaction. This is clearly in contradiction to the ICO report.
                            The account in question was sold on or around 31.12.13,and at the time of the sale, my credit card account was subject to a regular interestfree payment arrangement. You will recall that the Financial Ombudsmaninvestigated Marbles/New Day for poor customer service prior to the sale of theaccount, and agreed that the process followed was inadequate and that I shouldbe awarded compensation (refund of interest and charges levied between Apriland August 2013 and a sum for stress caused).
                            It is my view that the default notice date should be31.12.13 at the latest, or when my original credit card account was between 3and 6 months in arrears, whichever is the sooner – I expect your records willconfirm this.
                            Please note that the current owner of the alleged debthas been advised that it is not enforceable – any reference to legal action infuture correspondence will, therefore, be reported to the appropriate statutorybodies.
                            I look forward to hearing from you.
                            Yours faithfully,

Comment

Good supermac,

You a right in every aspect in my opinion!

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X