• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Conditional Caution Fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conditional Caution Fine

I stupidly committed fraud, on a minor scale to a number of various victims.

I went to the police voluntarily and was given a condtional caution and made to pay a fine, and apology letters.

Letters are all sorted.

I actually noticed on an old phone there where two victims they weren't aware of, I went to them and volunteered this information and they dealt with it in the same complaint.

My fine is due to be paid on the 14th of feb.,

However I have already had emails which I would class on the verge of harrassment from the detective in charge, asking why I hadnt paid any yet, I explained its coming out of januarys pay and I wasnt aware I had to pay installments.

He replied with you;re correct but please put down what you already have for assurance.

As far as I am aware its not due yet so I don't have to, and its perfectly ok for me to pay in one go.

To cut a long story short, we have received letters stating we must pay our mortgage arrears by 31st of jan or be evicted, we have already had a suspended eviction.

I am aware you can ask for more time to pay, its not my mortgage but without my money we can't pay it. I am now 6 months pregnant and will be homeless if I pay the fine over the mortgage.

What are my chances of getting more time. I will need about 6-8 weeks more? I feel like theyre not very likely considering the detective is already emailing me
    Tags: None

Re: Conditional Caution Fine

Hi and welcome!

You should find this useful: http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/en...es_court_fines

In particular:
    What if I cannot afford the repayments ordered?

You may find that you cannot afford to pay the amounts ordered for a reason, such as a drop in income, multiple debts, a relationship breakdown, a new baby or due to illness.
    • Write to the fines office at the court which holds the fine. Tell them about your situation and make an offer of repayment. It is also very helpful to enclose a copy of your personal budget.
    • You may have to attend a court hearing. However, if you send the court a copy of your personal budget and give them full details of your circumstances in a letter, then some magistrates' courts may accept your offer without a hearing.
    You will find a good tool to draw up a budget here: http://nedcab.cabmoney.org.uk/quickfs.asp

Shelter have a lot of useful advice with regards to mortgage arrears: http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_ad...rtgage_arrears

Comment

Did you sort this issue if so how ? did they give you more time to pay the fines ?

Comment

HI and welcome
        As the original poster never came back, and has not posted since on any other thread. I doubt you'll receive a reply

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X