• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowells / BW Legals Statutory Demand imminent - WON!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowells / BW Legals Statutory Demand imminent - WON!

Hi everyone. This forum looks like the right place to post

I have debt with 7 creditors. I am on a self-managed DMP but I have only made small payments recently due to job loss and mortgage arrears.

I am now being served with a Statutory Demand for payment of almost £3800 to Shop Direct via Lowells. (BW Legals) I did not know SD existed and thought companies always went down the CCJ route.

I opened my account in about 1999 and had a debt of about £2200 but this has risen with charges applied by NDR. Started self managed DMP in Feb 2011 and have made quite a few payments to each creditor but have had no periods when I have not made any. The last payment to Lowells would have been about June last year.

I own a house with my husband with about 10-15k of equity in it. The SD is being served on Friday but the letter states Monday next week will count as first day as it is being served after 4.30pm by a person who called last week. We have been sent a letter informing us of the appt time.

Prior to finding out about SD I offered to restart payments but as yet have had no reply to my email. I have since offered more via email but no further reply.

I have CCA'd them by recorded delivery today as I do not remember signing an agreement at the beginning when I opened account. In the last few years prior to 2011, I did sign some credit agreements specifically on items I bought on BNPL.

Has anyone got advice on further action when I receive SD?

Thanks in advance!
    Tags: None

Re: Lowells / BW Legals SD imminent

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...533#post386533

M1

Comment

Celestine, one of the forum owners has been able to set aside over 50 SDs, mostly from Lowells, many for catalogue accounts, you couldn't be in better hands. :yo:

As far as I know, none of those catalogue companies required people to sign an agreement before they got the goods delivered. You say you sent a CCA request, how long ago was that?

Once the SD is served, you have 18 days to apply for set aside, they start from the DATE OF SERVICE, not the date on the SD. Lowell are well known for pre-dating their SDs by 2 or even 3 weeks, giving the impression you've missed the boat. Once you get the SD served, get in touch with Celestine as per details on the thread above and she'll take care of things. :thumb:

Comment

Email sent with basic outline.

I sent for CCA today by recorded delivery....

Comment

Email received

63 Statutory Demands set aside now btw :biggrin1:
          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
            63 Statutory Demands set aside now btw :biggrin1:
            Is that all? What have you been doing all this time? msl: msl:

^^^There I was, saying you'd managed 50, should have got my facts straight! :grin:

Comment

63 People's lives not ruined by The Leeds Leeches

Comment

SD posted through door today as promised. Scanned and sent

Comment

:tongue2:
                  "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Re: Lowells / BW Legals Statutory Demand imminent

Looks like another one bites the dust :tung:

Thank you so much to Kate and for everyone who replied to my original message :beagle:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X