• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

being threatened and harrased by colleague

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: being threatened and harrased by colleague

Is this also the same incident where you lied to your employer in your statement to her, that differed from the one you gave to the police?

I think you are over looking a few details.

We all have access to other forums as well as you ;-)

Comment

If there is no-one above this boss, then it needs to be referred to the Care Quality Commission (CQC). What is someone with this employee's history doing working in a care home with vulnerable persons? How did they get past a CRB check?
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by cupidstunt View Post
        Is this also the same incident where you lied to your employer in your statement to her, that differed from the one you gave to the police?

im overlooking nothing. i was alowed by my boss to read the statement and it was exactly as i stated to the police. the issue was that i thought i had made a mistake, turned out i didnt. thank god.

Comment

Cupid, do you need to borrow my glasses as well since he posted this post on here on his thread?

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...539#post386539

Let's play nice for the moment whilst keeping an eye on what does or does not make sense. I've seen his thread on CAG so will check that one for the clarification which he did not give there.
          Before you ask, yes I did have too much on my hands to double check that but when you challenge someone's accuracy, you gotta do you research

EDIT: my post seems a bit harsh but if the OP was not being accurate with us lot then I'd have had a pop at them instead
          "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
          (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

When I said " I think you are overlooking a few details".

I meant it appears (in my opinion) that more detail is required.

Two sides to a story and as we only get one side, then the more details, it is easier to see what is happening/occurred .

Also a number of different threads on the same problem, by the same poster, I think I've read them all, but can't be sure, it gets complicated.

I wasn't having a pop, if I felt that inclined, then I wouldn't bother following it any more.

Now I understand why the op was short and sharp with his reply ;-)

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
            Cupid, do you need to borrow my glasses as well since he posted this post on here on his thread?

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...539#post386539

Let's play nice for the moment whilst keeping an eye on what does or does not make sense. I've seen his thread on CAG so will check that one for the clarification which he did not give there.
            Before you ask, yes I did have too much on my hands to double check that but when you challenge someone's accuracy, you gotta do you research

EDIT: my post seems a bit harsh but if the OP was not being accurate with us lot then I'd have had a pop at them instead

Comment

Just had a quick look over all the threads and I'm completely lost now, information overload.

My apologies for anything I added, please ignore, if you haven't already ;-)

Comment

Under employment contracts there is an implied term of duty of care. Basically an employer has a duty of care to protect all employees form bullying and harassment or any potential of such in the work place. The Employer should therefore keep the person that threatened and is harassing you separate from you such as on a different shift or in a different department etc. If an employer fails in their duty of care, then it is a breach of contract, and can give grounds to constructive dismissal if you resigned, which is not something i advise as constructive dismissal claims are the hardest cases to win and the majority of which are unsuccessful.

Unfortunately as the incident happened outside of the workplace, then they can not discipline them formally. But i would go over her head if their is anybody above her in the company.
                Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

So any update?

Comment

So any update?
                    If you click onto Ben's user profile it will tell you when he was last on the forum which was a long time ago
                    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Thanks for that jnfo.

I wasn't sure about this thread in the first place, the disappearance makes me more suspicious.

If I'm wrong, then I wish people would give further info, has the problem been fixed or what was the outcome etc.

Comment

It's been a long time guys and thanks for the replies. I left the employer a few days after my last post and when the matter went to court he was found guilty of abh

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                        X