• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell/Lloyds TSB/BW Legal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell/Lloyds TSB/BW Legal

Be wary that all the "have my name and number" stuff could be a ruse to delay you and attempt to get a default judgment, so I would call them tomorrow and ask them to email agreeing an extension, if they refuse to give this, start the ball rolling on the application as detailed above.

Comment

Hi ncf355

Spoke to BW Legal this morning, after speaking to 2 customer service people got through to their Legal Dept, who have agreed to an extension and have emailed confirmation of a further 14 days making the deadline date now 31/3/14.

Do I now go to MCOL to update court of new date, do I need to send them copy of email or what should I put? Thanks

Comment

Forward it to the court with a note that both parties have agreed under cpr 15.5.

M1

Comment

Hi bigsis Would you mind posting the email address you have for Breakfast? Thanks!

Comment

ncf355 - email for Breakfast ???

Comment

Whoops!

That's meant to be B and W legal email address?

Comment

Lol, thought you wanted to come round for breakfast and wanted the menu.

The email was from Alison Duckworth in the Legal Dept: ADuckworth@bwlegal.co.uk

Comment

Full English tomorrow 9 o/clock ill be round
                  PS I like me eggs runny

Comment

Hi

The Part 18 14day deadline expired 12/3/14, I rang BW Legal that day and was told 'still waiting for claimant to respond' and I said I'd phone back this week for update. They said acct on hold till end of month so not to worry - yeah!

Should we be asking for a further 14days extension (so we get the full 28days) or what would you suggest. I read in other posts its best to appear as if we are giving them every opportunity to respond.

Comment

Did you email the court the previous extension, and did you get a response from them?

Have you made an application for an unless order as in the CPR 31.14 thread?

Comment

Theyve had over a month to get their house in order, when they should have had all docs etc prior to commencing the claim

Comment

If your current deadline is close to extinction then 14 days is of little value as far as filing a defence goes as most, if not all, of it will be used up by them.I wouldn't advise composing and filing a defence in only 1/2 days.

Get the 14 days then fire in an application.

M1

Comment

I emailed to ccbcdefendants@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk on 13/3/14 about the 14day extension and attached copy of BW Legal email which confirms new date of 31/3/14. Had an auto reply back to say it was received but nothing since.

I rang BW Legal today, still no reponse from claimant. I had to remind them that the 28days was for us to put forward a defence
                            not for them to get their documents. I requested a further 14days to extend it to 14/4/14 to give us a full 28days. Alison Duckworth was not available so asked for her to ring me or email me. The stroppy guy wanted me to give him a password as their emails are password protected? Alison didnt need that last time so said just get Alison to contact me. I think I'll email her instead!

Comment

Just keep trying and recording the evidence. It's their funeral.

M1

Comment

Since my last update, I got a further 14 days extension to the 14/4/14, I have informed the court and forwarded the BW Legal email confirmation and have confirmation that the court has rec'd it.

However, since then we have found out that this may not be statue barred My son went into a Lloyds branch to see what he could find out, as he didn't want any last minute surprises. The branch could only see page 6/6 of a statement dated 25/2/10, it shows that on 2/2/10 the acct was overdrawn by £1679.60. On the 25/2/10 the acct was overdrawn by £1720.89 due to added on interest and closed. He contacted Lloyds customer services who asked for his password and managed after 3 attempts to get it right! They were able to access 'another file' and said the last time a transaction was made was July'09 when £10 was paid into the acct. I've asked him to contact them again tomorrow and see if he can get a copy of the other 5 pages of the statement.

I assume the account was sold to some other DCA in 2010, as Lowell say they acquired it June 2013. Can Lowell approach Lloyds for a copy of the statement or would that not be the case because of Data Protection? A bit concerned now and not sure which way to go. I guess its time for the N244 form or what would you advise.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X