• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

urgent help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urgent help

hi my situation is that halifax closed my current account and took the money as i was not able to keep up with payment on a credit card. this happend about 5 years ago.

Now the credit card account has been sold to a dca and we are going through the county courts.

I sar halifax and recieved all the paperwork now as i look at everything it show that the money that they took from the current account going into their account but the debt remained the same so it was not credited to the credit card debt. and then it was assighned to many dca now 1 of them has taken me to court

i need help on how should i proceed and how much interest and compensation should i ask for also should i also include unfair charges that were made on the account within the same letter or should i do that seprate and if there is a template would be a great help if someone can point me in the right direction as i am not a good letter writer

any help would be much appreciated
    Tags: None

Re: urgent help

What was the date on your court claim and have you acknowledged to show your intention to defend ?

Approx how much was the debt and how much the used from your current account to offset against it ?

And how much is the court claim for ? Who is bringing the claim ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

i have already put a embarrsaed stating no cca so i have nothing to work with untill i recive it from the dca the case is on hold but as i was looking over the document from the sar i realised that the money they took from my current account which was 1500 was not credited to the debt of 5000 so the dca is after the full 5000 plus interst not 3500 which it should have been

Comment

Okay, so you have entered an embarrased defence (could you post up a copy) - and the court has asked the claimants to supply the documents at which point the claim would restart ?

When / if that happens you would then apply to amend your defence (plead further) and would defend that £1500 based on the evidence you have that it was paid by way of the offset from your current account.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

can i not just claim that money from the bank with interest

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X