• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Capita / Birmingham Council Collusion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Capita / Birmingham Council Collusion

Bluebottle, thanks for such a detailed reply. I'll write to the judge with a detailed explanation of what this Hunter guy has been up to and suggest that his certificate is not renewed. I also have in mind reporting the matter to action fraud hopefully the police haven't been outsourced to Capita......yet!

Comment

Originally posted by WTF1962 View Post
      I also have in mind reporting the matter to action fraud hopefully the police haven't been outsourced to Capita......yet!
      No, they've not.

The police are partly outsourced to G4S.

Yes, really!

Comment

Bluebottle, thanks for such a detailed reply. I'll write to the judge with a detailed explanation of what this Hunter guy has been up to and suggest that his certificate is not renewed. I also have in mind reporting the matter to action fraud hopefully the police haven't been outsourced to Capita......yet!
        WTF,

You should restrict your letter to the judge to what the bailiff has done and keep emotion out of it. It is for the judge, not you, to decide whether the bailiff's certificate is renewed or not. Suggesting the judge does not renew the bailiff's certificate will not go down well.

As for reporting the matter to Action Fraud, the bailiff/Equita has potentially attempted to charge fees not provided for by legislation and work not carried out to the tune of £227.14. This would be passed to divisional police officers to be dealt with and, due to a lack of adequate training, it is likely to be deemed a civil matter.

It might interest you to know that Northamptonshire Trading Standards are conducting an ongoing investigation into Equita and their fees. You may find that they would be interested in what Equita have done in you case. Give them a ring and find out if they want you to send in details directly or through your local Trading Standards Department.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Blue Bottel, Of course, it didn't occur to me that a Judge might get the hump if they're told what to do! I'll give Northampton trading standards a call and see how far they have got in their investigations. Thanks

Comment

I'll give Northampton trading standards a call and see how far they have got in their investigations.
            I believe that they may now have sharpened their pencils (or crayons) and successfully written the title of the report on the cover.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
              I believe that they may now have sharpened their pencils (or crayons) and successfully written the title of the report on the cover.
              Or even realised a PS2 plug on the ubiquitous Fujitsu keyboard won't fit in the USB port.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                Trouble is, Cloggy, we don't know how widespread Equita's iniquity is.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                  It has to spread into wherever Crapita has a contract, and either of their bailiff companies are in on the the scram..

Comment

True.

I dare say they are quite innocent of inflating parking penalties on the Island of Sark, or demanding too much for Council Tax on Rockall.

Comment

Just had a reply from the council. Equita cannot find the Levy paper work for the alleged 4 September visit. They are now saying that they came and levied again(why if they had a levy in place?) on the 14 September 2012 on my car and brought a van with them with the intent to remove said car, but the nice bailiff decided to defer this action and provide me with an opportunity to pay; this is the first that I've heard of this arrangement. Looks like they're clutching at straws. I also had a response from the Ombudsman who said that she would have to enquire further whether my claim is best suited to them or to the civil courts, I will update this blog with their findings.

Comment

The "Rotten Boroughs" editor of Private Eye has just been in touch to say that he will be writing an article on the subject of Capita / Council charges for liability orders an the profits they make on them.

Comment

The "Rotten Boroughs" editor of Private Eye has just been in touch to say that he will be writing an article on the subject of Capita / Council charges for liability orders an the profits they make on them.
                          Bet the bailiffcos try to have that issue pulled.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
                            Bet the bailiffcos try to have that issue pulled.
                            And I bet Private Eye will respond in the same manner to such requests as they did in Arkell v Pressdram.

Comment

Be interesting to know which edition as we could always publicise it.

Comment

And I bet Private Eye will respond in the same manner to such requests as they did in Arkell v Pressdram.
                                I would hope they would, they don't give a toss about skanky bailiffs and over powerful private government service providers.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X