• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Claim Form from Bryan Carter Solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: County Court Claim Form from Bryan Carter Solicitors

Originally posted by Totoro View Post
    Not to sure about time frames for submitting a defence, hopefully my replying will bump this up for you and someone with knowledge in that field will come along.

As for a reply to your CCA request, what type of account is this for as you mention possibly a bank account, so is it for an overdraft? It's just the template letter in the earlier posts is mainly for loans and credit cards. I'm sure there will be a template somewhere on the site for overdrafts quoting The Consumer Credit (EU Directive) Regulations 2010
    Hi Totoro,

I think it may be a bank account overdraft. I thought that maybe the CCA request would cover an agreed overdraft. Haven't heard of The Consumer Credit (EU Directive) Regulations 2010, will look into that. Thanks.

I'm not sure what I should do next. Bryan Carter has said he's not agreeable to an extension but hasn't sent any information as per Practice Direction 7C point 1.4 (3A). I don't know how to defend a claim if I don't know the details.

B

Comment

Hi Beerye,
      I am in the same situation as you, I am defending a credit card of £900+interest and legal cost = £1500. Today I have sent the CCA, CPR31.14 request and SAR. I received the CCJ notice on 25th January and acknowledge it online on 2nd February. I got default in 2007 and since then u havent made any payment or never get contacted so according to a lawyer on this forum it is time barred now. I have also read that regardless of our requests to Bryan Carter, Lowell and HSBC, I have to file a defence before deadline. Is it true? Have you filed your defence yet? I am struck now at this point. And dont know what to do.........
      Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadburry View Post
        Hi Beerye,
        I am in the same situation as you, I am defending a credit card of £900+interest and legal cost = £1500. Today I have sent the CCA, CPR31.14 request and SAR. I received the CCJ notice on 25th January and acknowledge it online on 2nd February. I got default in 2007 and since then u havent made any payment or never get contacted so according to a lawyer on this forum it is time barred now.
        That being the case, you can just submit a SBd defence. See this post: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...769#post409769
        I have also read that regardless of our requests to Bryan Carter, Lowell and HSBC, I have to file a defence before deadline. Is it true? Have you filed your defence yet? I am struck now at this point. And dont know what to do.........
        No, it isn't true, you have 28 days to file a defence and no-one can change that. What has been happening is that Bryan Carter never provide the documents requested, nor are they agreeable to an extension to submit your defence. This leaves you with the option to either submit a defence based on the information you have, without the documents, which is far from ideal, or else apply to the court to force disclosure with an unless order.:juge:

You may want to look at this post: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...743#post409743

Comment

Hi Beerye,
          I am in the same situation as you, I am defending a credit card of £900+interest and legal cost = £1500. Today I have sent the CCA, CPR31.14 request and SAR. I received the CCJ notice on 25th January and acknowledge it online on 2nd February. I got default in 2007 and since then u havent made any payment or never get contacted so according to a lawyer on this forum it is time barred now. I have also read that regardless of our requests to Bryan Carter, Lowell and HSBC, I have to file a defence before deadline. Is it true? Have you filed your defence yet? I am struck now at this point. And dont know what to do.........
          Regards.
          They have 40 days to respond to a SAR and, unlike the CPR request, you can't request an extension based on the fact you are waiting for it. If you received the claim on the 25th of Jan and only sent the SAR today, you won't have time to wait for it before your defence is due, unless an extension is agreed. :clock:

Comment

Im having problems with Bryan Carter too but cant seem to start a thread.........any ideas ????

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X