• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Urgent help Needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help Needed

I've received a "General Form of Judgement Order" today, giving me 7 days to respond (order dated 7th January)

I am ordered to file a directions questionnaire within 7 days.

Is this the form that agrees that I will consent to mediation?

I've had nothing from the court other than a claim form which I've responded to & counterclaimed (paying £200+ for the privilege)

They're saying if I don't respond within 7 days, my claim will be struck out yet I've received nothing to respond to.

I run my own business from home, I moniter all mail & am not some chancer who may miss post for a day or so. I've 100% received nothing from the court other than the original claim form.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Tags: None

Re: Urgent help Needed

Can you give us a few more details about this?

You say you received a claim form and 'nothing else', did you file a defence and counter-claimed at the same time?

What does the judgment order say? Is there any chance that you could scan it or take a picture of it, remove your personal details and post it up here?

The directions questionnaire is the one where the parties are encouraged to agree to mediation or settlement without going to court. Without any more information, I can only assume the questionnaire would be for your counter-claim, as the claimant has obtained judgment against you.

How much was the claim and how much your counter-claim? What was the counter-claim for?

This is the directions questionnaire for the small claims track: http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.u...s/n180-eng.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by The Starving Taxpayer View Post
      I've received a "General Form of Judgement Order" today, giving me 7 days to respond (order dated 7th January)

I am ordered to file a directions questionnaire within 7 days.

Is this the form that agrees that I will consent to mediation?

I've had nothing from the court other than a claim form which I've responded to & counterclaimed (paying £200+ for the privilege)

They're saying if I don't respond within 7 days, my claim will be struck out yet I've received nothing to respond to.

I run my own business from home, I moniter all mail & am not some chancer who may miss post for a day or so. I've 100% received nothing from the court other than the original claim form.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Notify the court that it was never received, then download the form from the court website and get it returned tonight by email.

Court documents are deemed served after 2 days so it would be deemed served on 9th if posted on 7th. It'll be easier to do it tonight than argue about when you go it.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
        Notify the court that it was never received, then download the form from the court website and get it returned tonight by email.

Court documents are deemed served after 2 days so it would be deemed served on 9th if posted on 7th. It'll be easier to do it tonight than argue about when you go it.

M1
        Apologies-It was dated the 12th, I don't know where I got the 7th from

Will do as you said.

Yes I filed a defence & counterclaim but have never received a questionnaire regarding mediation etc

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X