• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Vodafone 4G in hemel hempstead - Terrible service from Vodafone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vodafone 4G in hemel hempstead - Terrible service from Vodafone

Hi,

I have a 2 year contract with Vodafone - which I upgraded in September 2013 to a 4G package - which gives me unlimited texts / calls and 12 GB of 4G data.

This is supposedly a premium package - I particularly wanted the speedy 4G connection.

In September and October the 4G data connection to my mobile was great - however for the last 11 (nearly 12) weeks I have been unable to get any 4G connection at all at my home address or near to where I live - Hemel Hempstead.

(It's not that great elsewhere either - but that is another issue)

Despite a variety of representations - phone calls to tech support and posts on vodafone's forums the only response that I get from Vodafone is essentially:

This is frustrating for you, we have told our engineers who are doing everything possible, we do not know when / if it will be fixed, we will not provide any further information until it is fixed - at which point we will tell you it is fixed.

This really is very poor and nobody from Vodafone seems willing to help resolve this issue.

Any ideas please?

Thank you

Tangential

Re: Vodafone 4G in hemel hempstead - Terrible service from Vodafone

Hi, I work in the Mobile phone industry (not for Vodaphone, one of their competitors) and I have had no end of calls over the past few weeks about a nationwide issue with 4g.
    seems the masts being used are not up to the 4g signal, and are being updated, this should have been explained to you.. but it wasn't and I apologise.

Sadly all we can ask for is paitence, as with the weather we have been having is hampering every effort all companies are making..

hope this helps hun

Comment

It has now been 189 days with no Vodafone 4G service at home. There was a brief interlude (not included in the 189 days) when I did receive 4G service again, but it did not lasts

However, the total is 189 days.

Vodafone customer services (and I use the description loosely) are unable to help, unable to advise what the problem is, unable toadvise when it will be fixed and unable to do anything apart from assure me it is a priority.

189 days!

What would happen if I was not a priority?

My advice if you are considering buying a mobile phone contract and 4G data is important to you is do not go with Vodafone.

My experience has been awful.

Tangential.

Comment

oops, sorry, double posted - removed it

Tangential

Comment

Originally posted by Tangential View Post
          It has now been 189 days with no Vodafone 4G service at home. There was a brief interlude (not included in the 189 days) when I did receive 4G service again, but it did not lasts

However, the total is 189 days.

Vodafone customer services (and I use the description loosely) are unable to help, unable to advise what the problem is, unable toadvise when it will be fixed and unable to do anything apart from assure me it is a priority.
          I'm also with Vodafone and the mobile signal in general is very poor at home. Strangely, it was much better where I used to live when I first signed up with them in 2001, which is the next village from where I live now. No 3G in those days but I could chat on the mobile for hours. :cell: Not so where I am now, the signal only stays on long enough to send and receive the odd txt, but not to have a conversation. I have a 31/2 year old iPhone so no 4G but 3G hardly makes an appearance in this area. I use my landline and WiFi when I'm at home, so only really need the 3G data network when I'm out.

We have a Vodafone rep onboard, you may want to contact him to see if he can help: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ne-Company-Rep Send him a PM with a link to this thread. :typing:

Comment

You could also consider contacting their CEO office:
            VodafoneDirectorsOffice@help.Vodafone.co.uk
            08700 740 233 :thumb:

Comment

Hi FlamingParrot,

So we can help you further with things, please follow the troubleshooting steps on our eForum here.

Also, just to let you know that the contact details you've provided for our Directors Office are out of date.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK
              Last edited by Vodafone Company Rep; 4th August 2014, 08:00:AM.
              I am an official company representative of Vodafone UK.

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

New contact details for directors office so people can go straight to the top

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                  New contact details for directors office so people can go straight to the top
                  now Wales, you know that Lee is the only one here in a real professional capacity and can't breach his company's policies....

but as I said I don't work for Vodaphone so gimme a couple of hours

Comment

That made me smile Puff

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X