• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Statutory Demand - WON!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Statutory Demand - WON!!!!

Hello, I really need some help. I was served a Statutory Demand by Bw/Lowell on 10th Oct (dated 25 Sep). I sent a letter by recorded delivery on 12/10 and enclosed the £1 postal order. I emailed them as well, they didn't respond. Sorry if this is disjointed, I'm so stressed I can't think straight. Fool that I am, I presumed after 3 months of hearing nothing, I could bury my head back in the sand. I received another letter yesterday saying they will submit a Bankruptcy Petition within 14 days. I don't know what to do and I'm at the end of what I can cope with.
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell

Hi one of the site admin team has had many successes with Lowell and SD's

A regular forum poster I am sure will be able to provide the details but you will need to make contact asap

You are in good hands here.

Take a look here for more detail http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ands-READ-HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepless nights View Post
      Hello, I really need some help. I was served a Statutory Demand by Bw/Lowell on 10th Oct (dated 25 Sep). I sent a letter by recorded delivery on 12/10 and enclosed the £1 postal order. I emailed them as well, they didn't respond. Sorry if this is disjointed, I'm so stressed I can't think straight. Fool that I am, I presumed after 3 months of hearing nothing, I could bury my head back in the sand. I received another letter yesterday saying they will submit a Bankruptcy Petition within 14 days. I don't know what to do and I'm at the end of what I can cope with.
      Did you send a CCA request to Lowell on October 12th 2013 to which they didn't respond? It would be useful if you could give us a few more details, such as:
      • What debt this SD relates to (loan, credit card, catalogue, mobile contract)
      • Approx. date you opened the account
      • Amount outstanding
      • Approx. date you last made a payment

I have PMd Celestine, one of the site owners, who makes a living from setting aside SDs, mostly from Lowell. :yo: :yo: :yo:

She's away until Tuesday, so you may have to hand in there a little longer, but you should still have enough time to deal with this and let her work her magic.

In the meantime if you could give us a bit more information about the account, it would also help her when she looks at this thread. :thumb:

Do take a look at these threads, they should lift your spirits.

Comment

Thankyou for listening . I don't have a clever phone and have limited IT skills so please bear with me. The debt relates to a Lloyds Tsb Credit card, outstanding balance £8,030, I can't remember when I got it exactly but it's probably about 12 years ago. I think I last made a payment in 2009 but I would have to tackle the demon paperwork in the spare bedroom to give you an accurate date. I know how ridiculous that sounds, I'm 53 years old, scared of my own shadow right now, and terrified of what I'm going to find on the doormat when I get home from work.
        So far I've emailed them 3 times, requesting a cca and asking them to suspend action. On 12/10/2013 I sent a letter requesting a legible copy of my cca, I enclosed a postal order for £1 and sent it recorded delivery. I don't have a copy of the letter but I do have the receipt from the Post Office. The letter I received on Saturday says I have not contacted them to agree a suitable payment arrangement nor have I had the SD set aside. The letter came from BW legal and the person they want me to contact is the same person I've emailed and written to. I hope this makes sense.

Comment

I'm really worried, I only have a limited time to respond to this letter, should I send them a letter saying they haven't sent me a cca as requested?

Comment

I'm really worried, I only have a limited time to respond to this letter, should I send them a letter saying they haven't sent me a cca as requested?
            Before you do anything, drop Cel a PM: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...p?do=newpm&u=2

...or an email: katebriscoe@howlettclarke.co.uk

Comment

Thanks, I'll do that. I've been looking through the posts from other Lowell victims, can anything be done to stop this?

Comment

Thanks, I'll do that. I've been looking through the posts from other Lowell victims, can anything be done to stop this?
                Lowell have been reported to the OFT numerous times but they don't seem to take notice. Maybe the new FCA will have more teeth... ray: ray:

In the meantime, we have Cel... :yo:

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                  Lowell have been reported to the OFT numerous times but they don't seem to take notice. Maybe the new FCA will have more teeth... ray: ray:
                  Why do you suppose the Fundamentally Clueless Authority will be any better than the Office of Faffing and Twaddling?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                    Why do you suppose the Fundamentally Clueless Authority will be any better than the Office of Faffing and Twaddling?
                    Because it's new and has to make a good impression?

Comment

Wishful thinking FP?

Comment

Lowells/Bw/ SD withdrawn 2

A massive heartfelt thank you to LB for saving my sanity and my house. I've posted this up as new thread to give hope and encouragement to others trapped in the endless nightmare of unscrupulous Dca's who flaunt legal process and terrify hardworking people into submission. However bad it seems, however many letters you've left unopened, however ashamed and browbeaten you feel and however much you've hidden doesn't matter. Get in touch, you won't be judged. I'm looking forward to my first night of unbroken sleep.

Kate..I think you should wear a cape and twirl round in a phone box Thankyou just doesn't seem to be enough.

Comment

Sleepless contacted me by email this morning. I have to say, I had concerns about the likelihood of a successful application to set aside SO far out of the 18 day timescale.
                          I contacted BW Legal who very sensibly decided to withdraw the statutory demand. I pointed out the s.78 CCA non compliance would make matters difficult for them if I acted on this case.
                          At 4pm this afternoon they contacted me to offer to withdraw the demand so long as we didn't proceed with an application to set aside. This decision saved them a hefty costs bill down the line, but it would have been quite a scrap which would have been stressful for Sleepless, so Im delighted to have been able to resolve it so quickly.

Enjoy that first night of decent sleep Sleepless

Kate x
                          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Re: Lowell Statutory Demand - WON!!!!

Pj's on Kate x

Comment

Wow, you are fantastic!
                              Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X