• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Nat west business loan - cant find agreement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nat west business loan - cant find agreement

Originally posted by Jackien View Post
    This was agreed amicably, interestingly this meeting was never covered in a letter but this was not an issue, when the term expired I called the bank to resume payments, it was strange as they suggested I pay an amount that was not equal to even the amount I was paying prior to the payment holiday, I was never toe how the payment holiday would be made up.. I didnt mention why they want the loan repaid, it was because they said the business had ceased trading and they noticed lack if activity on the account... This was in 2013 but the business closed in 2007. I have proof that they know this. They are concerned for their money, i know from the little detail that i remember, the interest rate was not much above base rate, so not making much out of me, they have a charge on the property and are trying to find a way to get their money now, is what I think.
    Sadly I would have to agree with you.

So after your payment holiday they reduced your payments?

Do you have the letters from them that you had recently regarding increasing payments due to loan not being covered by the term?

Possibly relevant I don't know but what was the loan for?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      In the sar ... did U get transaction history, list of payments etc on the loan account? things seem to have gone awry since the payment break in 2009 so could you give more detail on the arrangements for that break and how you recommended payments etc.
      The bank replied saying they did not have the information that I requested. I thought the SARS covered what they had on me, the bank sent the cheque back! And told me they couldn't help me. I didn't push it at the time. I will now make a fresh request and see what it brings. Yes gone awry since 2009!! I often wonder if I hadn't called to resurrect payments after holiday when they would have been in touch. Would not have been a good situation though!

Comment

Do you have a copy of the reply to your SAR? If it wasn't too long ago you could go to the ICO, or tell NatWest you intend doing so.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Sadly I would have to agree with you.

So after your payment holiday they reduced your payments?

Do you have the letters from them that you had recently regarding increasing payments due to loan not being covered by the term?

Possibly relevant I don't know but what was the loan for?
          Thank you for agreeing with me, proves I'm learning!! I have all of the correspondence. The business was a pub restaurant. The loan was for 15 years so due to be repaid in 2021. They are also saying the account is in arrears obviously now I realise due to payment holiday and reduced payments, they say! I am in a position to bring the account up todate but am back where I started here yesterday really. I want the agreement or at least a summary if how much I owe, with supporting evidence and not the threat that they want the loan repaid now.

Comment

Do you have a copy of the reply to your SAR? If it wasn't too long ago you could go to the ICO, or tell NatWest you intend doing so.
            Yes I do who are the ICO I can certainly do this.

Comment

Originally posted by Streetwise View Post
              And if they dont have it in the S.A.R..
              Interesting!! Lets see what it brings.

Comment

The bank replied saying they did not have the information that I requested. I thought the SARS covered what they had on me, the bank sent the cheque back! And told me they couldn't help me. I didn't push it at the time. I will now make a fresh request and see what it brings. Yes gone awry since 2009!! I often wonder if I hadn't called to resurrect payments after holiday when they would have been in touch. Would not have been a good situation though!
                Sorry missed this post are you saying that the bank did not have any information on you

Comment

And if they dont have it in the S.A.R..
                  If they don't have it, then they don't have it simple as. The main point is, do not cease making payments because someone tells you they cannot enforce due to the lack of the agreement, they can.

however this does not stop you using the other regulations/measures to check how your account has been run, if you then find discrepancies you can take it from there.

Comment

Sorry missed this post are you saying that the bank did not have any information on you
                    Tbh the reply said they could not help me with what I asked for, I sent the £10 cheque and requested a SARS. They returned the cheque as well. My naivety stopped me questioning this at the time but I will now make another request. They probably went to get the info from my file only to find they had lost it although didn't think about this at the time.

Comment

Yes, secured against the property although business hasn't traded for over 5 years and I live there.
                      Check the land registry to see if they have a charge on your house and for how much costs 3 quid on line.

Comment

Originally posted by andy58 View Post
                        If they don't have it, then they don't have it simple as. The main point is, do not cease making payments because someone tells you they cannot enforce due to the lack of the agreement, they can.

however this does not stop you using the other regulations/measures to check how your account has been run, if you then find discrepancies you can take it from there.
                        To Where.?????

Comment

To Where.?????
                          See my earlier post

Comment

Check the land registry to see if they have a charge on your house and for how much costs 3 quid on line.
                            Yes they do

Comment

Quite!!

Comment

Originally posted by andy58 View Post
                                See my earlier post
                                Quite!!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X