• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Not getting Paid by Employer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not getting Paid by Employer

Hi, i'm a new member to this site and i am looking for some advice.

On 11th December i started work with a company on a probationary period which was to last up until the 11th January.
    The work that i did took me up until the 23rd December after which the company closed for the holiday period.
    We were told before the holiday that our wages should be in our account possibly on the 24th but no later than the 31st
    During the holiday period i and the other staff were sent emails explaining about the payments due. On the 27th December we received the payslips, on the 31st we were given assurances that after some to and froing that our money should be in our account later that day, sadly this was not the case. On the 2nd January we were told by email by the director of the company that there had been a confusion as to why our invoices had been up to the period of the 31st when he had told us that we should mark them up till the 24th, the invoices automatically went up till the 31st. In this 2nd January email we were told that our money should be in by three banking days by BACS so we should be expecting it on Monday 6th
    Monday 6th I turned up to work without having yet to be paid, all other staff were in the same situation, confrontations ensued with the result that one employee was told not to come back. As for myself i was angry with the manager and made my stance clear. He then proceeded to basically tell me a pack of lies, that because i started on the 11th Dec that the monthly pay cycle would then be ending for me on the 11th Jan....as this was contradictory to previous explanations and claims of when i should have been paid it was obviously just a cover story.
    Two of the other staff members including the one told not to come back were paid later that day on the 6th. I do not know if any of the other 2 members of staff excluding me were paid but as of now i am still waiting for my payment to arrive in the bank.
    It is now the 9th of January and after many emails sent to the employer requesting that they fulfil their legal duties in making sure i get paid i have as yet to receive an adequate answer as to why i have no been paid. On the 7th of January i too was told that i would not be welcome back.
    Information has also come to light about the previous financial fraud of the director of the company in which he would fleece people of their money in the guise of a respectable IFA. This information presents him as now using an alias. It is to my knowledge that my former colleague, the one dismissed on the 6th has been in touch with the fraud squad and they have had previous knowledge of the dealing of this director and it seems are planning a long term sting on his operations.

This has thrown my situation of non-payment of wages into a very murky and sinister scene, one in which there has been apparent prior history of this man and his companies not paying former employees.

I have threatened to contact the police about this and have informed them that i would be seeking legal counsel and would be initiating a full employee tribunal.

I am not happy with this and will not be accepting it. So far however i have not had any feedback from them as to why there has been no compliance with their legal duties and why i have not been paid.

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X