• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

SCM Solicitors/Black Horse/Lloyds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCM Solicitors/Black Horse/Lloyds

Read this article in the Law Gazette: http://www.lawgazette.co.uk/practice...042018.article

Comment

Lloyds claim that SCM is part of the in house litigation department…….that “MAYBE” so……..but the in house litigation department is Lloyds Asset Finance Ltd.
      Lloyds Asset Finance Ltd are registered with the Law Society as an Organisation, who are;
      1.….Not Regulated by the SRA and
      2.…..Are not recognised as a Recognised Body by the SRA …

Lloyds claim and say each of the solicitors in their “In House” team of solicitors all hold their own practicing certificate. Absolutely correct,…… no argument about that.
      However their practicing certificates only allow each of these solicitors to carry out “Reserved Business” ( Litigation and other Legal activities ) in these circumstances.
      A). For a LAW FIRM
      B). for a Limited Liability Partnership and
      C). As a Sole Practioner in their own right ( ie self employed)

As Lloyds Asset Finance Ltd are neither a Law FIRM nor a Limited Liability Partneship. Lloyds Asset Finance Limited cannot conduct any Litigation or Legal activities because they are not regulated by the SRA.
      Their solicitors can only act as they say they are “ In House” solicitors, giving “Internal Advice” to Lloyds Bank and all its subsidiaries on the legal side of its operations to the Boards of directors ensuring that all regulations and statutes etc are complied with by all the companies in the group.
      They can represent any of Lloyds Group Employees in Court proceedings should anyone issue a claim against a specific employee, …….but not any member of the Group itself
      This is what the Solicitors Code of Conduct says they can do., and that is exactly what the SRA told me, when I made a complaint to them about SCM carrying on operating after they had been removed form the SRA register around July 2011.

I have based this post and interpretation on what the SRA told me in a fairly long telephone conversation of my complaint about SCM about 6 months ago, they also said they would look further into this issue, but wouldn’t be telling me what they were doing about it…….looks as if they are doing something about it

Sparkie
      Last edited by Amethyst; 4th July 2014, 07:55:AM.

Comment

http://www.theguardian.com/money/201...care-customer

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkie1723 View Post

THey do have quite a few complaints about SCM and none of these regulatory bodies tell you what they are doing .....even if they are.......and even if they are not.don't read too much into their standard reply letter.
          Where there's a will .....there's a way...the problem we face is finding it.

Sparkie
          Your complaints do work you just did not know it.

http://www.lawgazette.co.uk/practice...042018.article

http://www.theguardian.com/money/201...care-customers

Comment

Please see attached link to Lloyds fake solicitors, Tim Hinton an M.D. of Lloyds SME lending confirmed to Andrew Tyrie MP and Chair of Treasury Select Committee that SCM was intended to deceive customers. the letters I have are headed their triple name, St William House, Tresillian Terrace Cardiff CF10 5BH, Guess what the BH stands for? oops its the Black Horse Building, and their reception tells you there is no one works there from that Company, However a Rebecca Hallsworth wrote to me saying they are a recognised firm regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, I referred her back to this link to her superiors testimony and the finding of the Treasury Select Committee, and that they were intended to deceive customers, asking why a bank would want to deceive its own customers. Horta -Osorio testified they were a credit collection agency they used from Hove, this is not true. Royal Mail say they deliver their (SCM's) mail mixed in with Black Horses. Here is the link

http://data.parliament.uk/writtenevi...ittee/sme-lend

Black Horse are nothing more than a bunch of lying cheating crooks, I stand by what I say, I have said this to them repeatedly and they still will not take me to Court because I have the proof of this. Complain to the FCA about this they already have a file on this.

Originally posted by jackreacher View Post

Comment

Hi D4ve
              unfortunately i could not open up the link you provided.

i am very interested in the information you have posted here. i too have had dealings with SCM, who (i think) turned up at court for my case. At my hearing i had 2 peeps from the Lloyds turn up and believed one was the SCM solicitor the other a team leader staff member. This was 2013 well after SCM were no longer registered. i continued to received letters from SCM who continued to pose as a solicitors firm until approx September 2014.

so that I'm clear, Lloyds' SCM have not acted illegally in posing as something they are not, so there is no redress - and this is because somewhere in the vaults of their offices there maybe a legal person who can sign stuff if pushed to do so.

what about court attendances where SCM attended, would this only be considered fraudulent (if at all) if they failed to declare that they were not in fact a solicitor.

sorry if i seem dim, but i was completely taken in, and have been left feeling like a right 'mug'

Comment

Hi Brainmelt, I have been fighting Black Horse for many years, losing my family, health, and home to their fraudulent behaviour, yet have done nothing wrong, at last, the FCA have found them out for what they are, a bunch of liars, cheats and thieves! yat they would not take me to Court when I said that to them, says it all really! However, back to SCM, I will try some more links for you if they do not work go to the Guardians website and search Sechiari Clark and Mitchell, or SCM,

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/s...rm-s-name.html

http://data.parliament.uk/writtenevi...ral/11494.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28343256

http://www.lawgazette.co.uk/practice...18.fullarticle

In the second link above scroll through Tim Hintons evidence till you reach this part its something like item 256 or something thereabouts, however it was found they were intended to deceive and threaten customers, this was admitted by Mr. Hinton, Mr. Horta-Osorio testified they were a credit collection agency we used from Hove, Not True! they trade from Black Horse head offices and the eight letters I received from them, are now safely in the hands of the FCA, that I replied to them means I was deliberately mislead by the bank, report any such instances to the FCA, Mr. Mark Steward is the new head of enforcement there, send all your proof there, now the FCA have a hold of Lloyds they are
                looking into their proven behaviour.

Recently I got a letter from a MS. Rebecca Hallsworth at Black Horse customer complaints team and she said they were a regulated firm under the number 62032, the partners of SCM were solicitors which were employed by Lloyds Banking group, and she refutes any suggestion of mine that they were not legitimate solicitors, I copied this letter to both the FCA and the Rt. Hon. Andrew Tyrie MP who chaired the Treasury Select Committee to whom Tim Hinton admitted this, I reiterated my comments to Ms. Hallsworth about her fake solicitors and that if she took that stance she was in "Contempt of Parliament,"

She spat the dummy and refused to correspond further, interestingly the letters bore identical letter-headings apart from one being Black Horse and the other the Sechiari Clark and Mitchell, the letters were signed by a rubber stamp or scan, had the same phone and fax numbers.

Interestingly, a consumer programme got into the building posing as m/cycle couriers delivering a letter, a secretary came down to sign for it, saying there was no-one else around from that floor to sign for it,and that she worked for Black Horse, they said they would wait until there was someone to receive and sign from SCM, at lunchtime the receptionist left and these people had access to the building, they could not find a single employee of SCM to sign for the paperwork, i believe they managed to cover most of the building before being asked to leave! Again they said they needed a signature, security said they would sign, they were told this was not acceptable it had to be someone employed by SCM. The paperwork was not left as no -one would sign as being employed by SCM.

I tried to get a Court Order to serve on SCM shutting the building till I was paid, my solicitors tried to find out more, employed a private detective and he found less than I did online.

Lloyds group are just a bunch of crooks, they have no evidence of this, if you receive a letter from another firm of solicitors say you have been dealing with SCM and will only deal with them, the bank has no evidence of their existence, when it get to Court state the Treasury Select Committees findings and that this is an attempt to defraud you, they will back down!

Hope this helps

D4VE B

Comment

Noticed earlier in the thread, that they may have an office in Edinburgh, this is not so! I am in Edinburgh, and they use a Firm G.E. Dean as their solicitors based from their premises, apparently they are only qualified in Scots law so it is unlikely that SCM would be cross qualified, if SCM tries to trade in Scotland this is fraudulent as the qualified solicitors acting for, would be unlikely to be cross qualified, which point I used before GE Dean became involved in relieving me of my house despite knowing of illegal practice by Black Horse which they should have withdrawn from once they became aware of this. My Friend is the Law Commissioner for Scotland and is cross qualified in both Scots Law and English Law, I will ask the question of him and post the reply. But it is very important to keep putting all your evidence in the hand of the FCA, use the phrase "not a fit and proper entity to conduct business in the financial services industry"

keep on fighting them, never give up, they just lie! when you have evidence of the lies send that to the FCA, the more that do so the more action the FCA must take, try to get them suspended or particular personnel struck off, and they will do something I assure you of that, I will be on BBC radio 4 money box programme and will be covering this matter.

Comment

Hi Dave
                    Hope all well with you.
                    Was hoping for your update as i am now in a better position to challenge LLoyds use of SCM in my case with SCM right from the start being provided direct from my consultant of medical evidence of me being a vulnerable and disabled person and covered under the disability act 2010 and therefore eligible for additional regard to BBOBS/lending code rules.

i had to be place under 'court of protection' with court appointed solicitors acting on my behalf. How is it that the court solicitors who were supposed to be representing me and my best interest at the time of my court hearing with Lloyds didnt realise that SCM were scammers.

i was completely done over and taken advantage of by Lloyds Scammers - Its disgraceful and i hope it is not too late to do something about it.

Taking this further, do you think my first complaint should be raised with Lloyds? if no joy from them would my next step be the FOS?

Lloyds have a consent order agreed by me at a time when i was at my lowest ebb and still under highly intensive treatment. Although looking through the paperwork and timings of all the controvesy being exposed a new/proper solicitor was appointed to be the other party to sign the consent.

what am i hoping to achieve? i want the whole case revisited, reveiwed independently whilst i am better able to.

Comment

Hi Brainmelt,

Do not get yourself too stressed about all this, I was ready to go off the Forth Bridge in October last year, but a Police officer told me that would be to let the bastards win, never give up! that is the important thing. My M.P. wrote to Black Horse and an Ian Jones lied straight off to her stating that SCM paid Black Horse my PPI payments, when a Lee Friend from Lloyds insurance had previously provided me with the bank transfer document showing this was not the case, copy everything to The Right Honourable Andrew Tyrie MP who in his capacity as Chair of the Treasury Select Committee, forced an admission from Tim Hinton a Group M.D. that SCM were in fact fake solicitors set up to deceive customers, why would a bank want to do this? is the question. Bank staff are still insisting they are a legitimate firm, in my own case, given that the Bank knew about Black Horse's illegal standard practice of withholding paperwork to prevent pulling out of the agreement during the cooling off period which is illegal and negates any reliant contract, means they defrauded me out of my house, they are deemed to know and abide by their CEO's testimony. Thus this Ian Jones has lied to my MP, stating that he will not compensate me, which is not what I want but remediation as the FCA ruled! he even said to my MP that my dispute fell out with the dates in their ruling, ignoring the two letters they sent me and the seven I sent them in this period, and which the FCA agreed made my dispute fall within their remit as ruled as being live at that time. I do not want compo! I want remediation as ruled by the FCA, my losses are factual, damages as set by the Supreme Court for the willful destruction of a life and for those so affected, and interest at the same rate as they charged when they fraudulently forced me to sell my home, is a big difference from COMPO Culture! They have been ruled to remediate and they refuse to abide by the FCA ruling and still lie about anything to get off the hook, basically what you need to know is that they are reputed to have mis-sold more than £17 Billion in PPI's, and the FCA ruled that every PPI sold by Black Horse was mis-sold due to their illegal standard practice of withholding the paperwork, and thus must remediate all PPI disputes without exception.

Basically they have been painted as a bunch of liars who don't give a toss about anyone or anything and who will do anything to avoid paying out for their transgressions, even down to lying about their fake solicitors, and make sure you keep referring to them as such, as every time they try to justify them, they are flying in the face of the Treasury Select Committees official findings and testimony of, and thus lying again, keep reporting this to the Authorities and you will get there.

My next move now that Fraud has been proven is to involve the Police as due to them knowing about their CEO's testimony of illegal behaviour, to then subsequently force me to sell my home was fraudulent and for which one of the nine proven liars at Black Horse should be going to jail, as rest assured had I defrauded them they would have involved the Police. Treat every word from Lloyds Banking Group as a lie , only communicate in writing, and if you have to phone them tape every conversation!

Keep strong

Originally posted by Brainmelt View Post
                      Hi Dave
                      Hope all well with you.
                      Was hoping for your update as i am now in a better position to challenge LLoyds use of SCM in my case with SCM right from the start being provided direct from my consultant of medical evidence of me being a vulnerable and disabled person and covered under the disability act 2010 and therefore eligible for additional regard to BBOBS/lending code rules.

i had to be place under 'court of protection' with court appointed solicitors acting on my behalf. How is it that the court solicitors who were supposed to be representing me and my best interest at the time of my court hearing with Lloyds didnt realise that SCM were scammers.

i was completely done over and taken advantage of by Lloyds Scammers - Its disgraceful and i hope it is not too late to do something about it.

Taking this further, do you think my first complaint should be raised with Lloyds? if no joy from them would my next step be the FOS?

Lloyds have a consent order agreed by me at a time when i was at my lowest ebb and still under highly intensive treatment. Although looking through the paperwork and timings of all the controvesy being exposed a new/proper solicitor was appointed to be the other party to sign the consent.

what am i hoping to achieve? i want the whole case revisited, reveiwed independently whilst i am better able to.

Comment

Hi Dave

i appreciate the update and wish you all the very best with your efforts to get justice. You too keep strong.

i have been reading through your information and links again - the fact that these people are falling back on'well if you check the small print at the bottom of the letter, we declare there that SCM are inhouse' is rubbish

the main body of their letters make no reference to checking the small print at the bottom of letters so why would an ordinary person do that? they seem to forget that there is a level of trust implied. i realistically couldnt see to read the small print at the bottom of a letter anyway without a magnifier and that with my bottle top glasses on!

i will be taking my own action and will update post once done.

:-)

Comment

Hi Dave
                          Hope all well with you.

I cannot advise you as I am not familiar with your case, your own Solicitor should do this for you but make them aware of the SCM subterfuge in all its forms and that they still refer to them as legitimate when they know they are not, I hope you replied to them, so that you can say you were deceived by them, as Tim Hinton testified to the Treasury Select Committee, that this was their purpose. Your being taken in by their fake solicitors means you were deliberately deceived by the bank, for whatever their purpose in doing so was, make sure your solicitor investigates fully SCM, and to that end google SCM, Treasury select Committee, Tim HINTON and Antonio Horta-Osorio, who described them under oath as "some collection agency we use from Hove" knowing this to be wrong whilst under oath! when they purported by their letterhead to be based at the Black Horse Office at ST. William House, Tresillian Terrace, Cardiff CF10 5BH, and this was off the top of my head.

Keep pushing them, the more you do the more lies you will catch them out on!

Comment

Hi Brainmelt,

My Mp the Right Honourable Deidre Brock, wrote to Horta Osorio to ask why and when I would receive my ruled by the FCA Remediation as they ruled Black Horse were to "automatically uphold all PPI disputes as every PPI they sold was mis-sold" an Ian Jones wrote back to her stating that I was paid by Sechiari Clark and Mitchell, and that the FCA did not rule for me!

Firstly, this is an out and out Lie and Mr. Jones is a Liar! At no time have I ever received from Sechiari Clark and Mitchell any monies, Fact!

Secondly, the FCA advised me that my case was included as within their cut off dates, correspondence was issued to and by both parties meaning the dispute was live during this period, and as Mr. Daniels testified to Parliament on 14 Feb 2013, that Black Horse had an illegal "standard practice" of withholding the PPI paperwork this was illegal and was done he testified to "prevent withdrawal during the cooling off period" this being knowingly illegal.

Thus when the FCA made their ruling of "re-review and uphold", I contacted them and advised them of Mr. Daniels admission under oath to Parliament and they changed their verdict to "in the case of Black Horse Finance automatically uphold all PPI disputes as every PPI they sold was mis-sold"

So when Mr. Jones lied to my MP he also stated that I was not ruled for by the FCA, does he think that £167 million pound fine is ruling for Lloyds? and if this is the case why would you get someone that stupid to reply to an MP? So if they did not rule for Lloyds who did they rule for? considering I had input into this matter, and assisted with the verdict?

So basically they just lie and lie and deceive! however this has now got very serious as the owe me over £33.5 million pounds! equating to £1.8m of my personal losses, £7.8m of Supreme Court Damages due to the Legal Precedents of Smith V Bof S and Carlyle V R B of S, and the nine years of hell they have put me through, destroying my family and stealing my house by defrauding me in Court, due to Mr. Daniels testified to illegal "Standard Practice". Incidentally he refused to intervene and rectify this matter of criminal behaviour by Black Horse when he was CEO as such he is a co-conspiritor! to criminal behaviour,

However this shows what Lloyds Group will do to get out of anything, they will say and do whatever it takes to avoid the issue, including now "contempt of Parliament"

Never let them win they are a bunch of lying cheating crooks, and their lies and mistakes will catch up with them?

Keep fighting for Justice.

D4VE B

Hi Dave

i appreciate the update and wish you all the very best with your efforts to get justice. You too keep strong.

i have been reading through your information and links again - the fact that these people are falling back on'well if you check the small print at the bottom of the letter, we declare there that SCM are inhouse' is rubbish

the main body of their letters make no reference to checking the small print at the bottom of letters so why would an ordinary person do that? they seem to forget that there is a level of trust implied. i realistically couldnt see to read the small print at the bottom of a letter anyway without a magnifier and that with my bottle top glasses on!

i will be taking my own action and will update post once done.

:-)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X