• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Credit Card PPI Redress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Card PPI Redress

Hi all, very new to this very helpful site - well done everyone for your help and advice
    Now to my question FOS have upheld my complaint on my Lloyds credit card and i would like to have a rough guide of how much i will receive before i get the offer from Lloyds as i am worried they will offer me a low figure.
    I have tried to use one of the spreadsheets on this site, but after inputting about 12 lines of info it all goes haywire on me - the word value seems to appear everywhere. im not very good with computers so its more than likely my fault, but have tried with the same results a few times.
    So could anyone give me a rough guestimate based on these figures
    PPI of £4000 paid between the years May 1999 to Jan 2013
    Thanks in advance for any comments I receive
    Tags: None

Re: Credit Card PPI Redress

Hi and welcome

I do not usually work on the calculation side but have put in some details below, so hope this will be of some help to you, good luck.

CREDIT CARDS

1. Where card account and the PPI are still in force.

If the consumer agrees to cancellation of the PPI the financial business should:

a) reconstruct the account by removing any premiums in respect of the PPI and any interest or charges in respect of those premiums;
    b) if that produces a credit balance for any period, credit interest on that balance for that period at 8% simple per year; and
    c) send the customer a statement showing the resulting balance on the account (with details of how it was calculated).

2. Where the card account is still open but the PPI has been cancelled.

The financial business should:

a) reconstruct the account by removing any premiums in respect of the PPI and any interest or charges in respect of those premiums;
    b) if that produces a credit balance for any period, credit interest on that balance for that period at 8% simple per year; and
    c) send the customer a statement showing the resulting balance on the account (with details of how it was calculated.)

3. Where the card account has been cleared and closed and the PPI has been cancelled:

The financial business should:

b) if that produces a credit balance for any period, credit interest on that balance for that period at 8% simple per year;
    c) pay the customer the difference between the revised closing balance and the original closing balance;
    d) pay the customer interest on that difference at 8% simple per year from the date of closure to the date of payment; and
    e) send the customer details of how the revised balance, the difference and the interest were calculated.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X