• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Allowable costs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allowable costs

Hi I am trying to work out allowable costs in a small claims county court hearing. I was informed by a duty solicitor that he would charge £20 for a 6 minute call and that 6 minutes is classed as a unit. I however could charge 2/3 of that. He mentioned that the courts website has a list of allowable charges. I can’t find these and on contacting them in person they have no idea what I am talking about. What are these charges called and how much can I charge for...

Phone calls
    Photo copying
    Printing
    Posting

Can I charge for in-coming calls (I have to listen to them and banks love putting you on hold to listen to boring music). Some of these calls are over 1 hour long.
    Is there a website that I can see these charges? Does it matter were in the country?
    Tags: None

Re: Allowable costs

You've put your post into the credit cards/store cards part of the forum. Is the claim related to this particular matter?
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Yes this is definatly in the right section. I am taking RBS/Nat West to court for malpractice on my account. I need to recover costs of documents and phone calls made. I need to find out what is allowable for me to charge. I know I can charge more than the cost of a call but not as much as a solicitor would charge.

Comment

If this is about a credit card then regardless of costs I am not sure you will succeed. All of case law that I have looked at so far has been about investment advice and not negligence or gross negligence. I don't know the actual answer but I doubt on face value the case has any particular merit and I am pleased to be corrected by others.

Comment

http://www.lawgazette.co.uk/law/benc...038419.article

The above might be of help and others I am sure will be more knowledgeable to help as well.

Comment

This has nothing to do with what the case is about. The Sarcastic (http://www.lawgazette.co.uk/law/benc...038419.article)
            Has nothing to do with this. If you are an employee of RBS then I can understand this comment. But legally I can charge a reasonable amount for phone calls etc. If you are not aware of this then this is sad. Not everyone can afford your extortionate fees. GET A LIFE. THIS is supposed to be a help website for those of us who can NOT afford it.

Comment

You can try and charge for phone calls you have to win to get the money!
              Is there any need to be rude to someone trying to help sorry to say with an attitude like that you may not get the help you need from this site.

As no one on here gets paid for offering help I hope they don't offer you any until you offer up an apology

Comment

I found the cartoon a bit offensive as he is having a laugh at my expense. I am very serious about this. As for "you have to win to get the money". I am not stupid to think that I could claim expenses if I lost. I have already won this case as they did admit fault in part. I have been given advise on this.

I asked an intelligent question. I have been informed there is a laid down set of charges that I can look at. I would like a good response as to where I get this information. There are standard limits that all courts would use.

Comment

Were you a litigant in person ? If so Believe the costs are set at £18 per hour plus actual cost .

Comment

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X