• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye Peckham London issue of notice by return of post

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye Peckham London issue of notice by return of post

Hi,

I've received a fine from Parking Eye. I also have severe mobility difficulties and parked for the first time at their store in Peckham South London. I did some shopping which was paid for in cash but didn't notice the 2 hour limit to stay at the store. On the disabled parking space which I parked at there is no signage and nothing to indicate this is private land as the Morrisons store is also part of a shopping centre complex.

Basically, I'm incensed that the fine was issued they obtained my details from DVLA which is a breach of my privacy rights and further that this fine is without legality. I've broken no law. I also believe it contravenes the Equalities Act for people with disabilities.

I have written to Parking Eye. I also wrote to Morrisons who sent me an email today refusing to waive the parking fee in the interests of fairness despite them seeing a blue badge.

Should I pay or let it go to court as I am willing to go to court.

Please could someone advise me.

Thank You and Merry Christmas

Regards Gabbyco
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Eye Peckham London issue of notice by return of post

I would suggest that you post this problem up on the private parking forums of pepipoo.com. One of the regular contributors on there, "schoolrunmum", seems to be quite experienced with handling claims involving the Equalities act.

Basically you refute the claim to parking eye, go via a POPLA appeal to get it thrown out and at the same time threaten to claim from Morrisons AND Parking Eye for ignoring the Equalities Act.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=60

Comment

Parking Eye should know that disabled persons need longer to undertake shopping. Ostell is spot-on with regards to giving Morrisons and PE a hard time and threatening them both under the Equalities Act. However, you might wish to contact the Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) about that.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by gabbyco View Post
        Hi,

I've received a fine from Parking Eye. I also have severe mobility difficulties and parked for the first time at their store in Peckham South London. I did some shopping which was paid for in cash but didn't notice the 2 hour limit to stay at the store. On the disabled parking space which I parked at there is no signage and nothing to indicate this is private land as the Morrisons store is also part of a shopping centre complex.

Basically, I'm incensed that the fine was issued they obtained my details from DVLA which is a breach of my privacy rights and further that this fine is without legality. I've broken no law. I also believe it contravenes the Equalities Act for people with disabilities.

I have written to Parking Eye. I also wrote to Morrisons who sent me an email today refusing to waive the parking fee in the interests of fairness despite them seeing a blue badge.

Should I pay or let it go to court as I am willing to go to court.

Please could someone advise me.

Thank You and Merry Christmas

Regards Gabbyco

Popla have bad form for anything to do with disability. http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?...=post&id=21566

Judges however are a different story http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?...dpost&p=876787

They easiest way to get rid of this is to appeal to parking eye and if they say no use the popla code and genuine pre estimate of loss and win. By all means mention the disability but for god sake don't rely on it or you'll perhaps need to visit court to get things done.

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver did not see any signs. The driver also has a disability which falls within the remit of the Equality Act 2010 and as such reasonable adjustments should have been made and they were not. Besides this the charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss. If you should reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

I understand that the registered keeper is under no statutory obligation to name the driver and i have no intention of doing so.

Yours etc

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X