• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Won ! Multiple Parking Charge Notices

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Multiple Parking Charge Notices

It'll not affect much either way. I'd leave it in if it unless it was nearrly full.

http://www.popla.org.uk/contactus.htm

I'd email them and say this is my full appeal, can you confirm you got it all please ?

M1

Comment

I've gone onto Popla website and entered the 10 digit ref no. that UKPCS quoted on their letter but it says 'verification number invalid' and to contact PPC.

I've emailed appeal to Popla anyway, just in case there is a problem with their website.

Rec'd rejection letter 29/1/14 so 28 days expire 26/2/14

Comment

Oops should have said rejection letter dated 29/1/14 not rec'd 29/1/14

Comment

http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/popla-code-checker/

M1

Comment

It confirms UKCPS is the issuing operator, code generated 27/1/14, appeal deadline is tomorrow 24/1/14. It says the code was generated 2 days before rejection letter, not giving me the full 28 days to appeal as entitled under BPA code of practice. Please consider making a complaint.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsis View Post
              It confirms UKCPS is the issuing operator, code generated 27/1/14, appeal deadline is tomorrow 24/1/14. It says the code was generated 2 days before rejection letter, not giving me the full 28 days to appeal as entitled under BPA code of practice. Please consider making a complaint.

For sure contact popla and get the appeal registered first. No time limits on a complaint but a cock up with popla deadlines (whoever is at fault) makes things trickier.

M1

Comment

Well Popla said they would email or ring me to confirm receipt of email, but they didn't. 2nd person I spoke to said they would not be in touch until appeal was looked at. Bit confused by two different answers.

Spoke to UKCPS to tell them the Popla ref was invalid, girl mumbled that the the last digit should be a 9 not a P and she would send out a new Popla ref. I said does that give me another 28 days and she said yes. Don't believe a word of that.

Checked the ref no was valid on Popla site with the new last digit and it was. So I resubmitted appeal with correct ref by email explaining the error and attached the letters from UKCPS including the Rejection letter with the wrong Popla ref no. So hopefully all should be ok.

Comment

A new code should give 28 days. I'm surprised you got it so easily !

M1

Comment

I didn't get a new code yet, I used the original with the correct last digit. I would be very suprised if they do send one.

Comment

Ah, ok that makes more sense. Devious gits. That's why it's best to do things as early as possible in case you don't have as much time as you should but didn't know !!

M1

Comment

Got Popla acknowledgement 26/2/14 they will send appeal to UKCPS for them to send evidence to us both and appeal will be considered on or soon after 2/4/14

Have now got Popla code from VCS, have got appeal ready to send off, no hanging around this time. (They have not included photos of signage, car park could be any where; no street, town, postcode but obviously gone down NPEoL route)

Comment

ok another update:

VCS have emailed 39 pages of evidence in response to POPLA appeal. A short version of information:

Comment

ok another update:

VCS have emailed 39 pages of evidence in response to POPLA appeal. A short version of information:

Vehicle observed for 40mins before Patrol Office issued PCN
                            Parking for Valid Permit Holders Only
                            4 large signs on site
                            Van blocking 2 cars & vehicles could not exit car park
                            Not stating name of driver in an attempt to evade liability but appealant now liable
                            Landowner contract confidential - redacted copy at G clause 6.5 is a rolling contract
                            Pre-estimate of loss £103.89
                            Appeal is a harvested internet appeal and makes ref to ANPR etc which is not used at the car park and is irrelevant

Comment

Re: Won ! Multiple Parking Charge Notices

Breakdown of Pre-estimate:

PCN Creation & issue £18.38
                              Central Payments Office - indirect overheads £ 1.15
                              1st Representation (appeals & challenges to the operator £18.75
                              2ns Stage Process £14.15
                              Notice to keepers & drivers, follow up & reminder notices £11.34

Discounted Stage Total £63.77

Final Reminder Process £ 6.92
                              Debt Recovery Process £33.20

Undiscounted Stage Total £103.89

Comment

Re: Won ! Multiple Parking Charge Notices

The have included a Redacted contract terms & conditions between VCS & Wesleyan Assurance dated 26/7/11, the contract runs from 16/8/11 to 15/8/12 signed on behalf of Wesleyan Assurance by ? Price, Facility Manager 11/8/11. The name of the car park was incorrectly stated and is crossed out and hand written in. There is also on VCS headed notepaper, a receipt of BPA Code of Practice Oct'12, which is signed on behalf of VCS by the same ? Price, Facility Manager 8/4/13. Can same person sign for both companies?

Do we need to respond to this evidence?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X