• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Mobbing at workplace

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobbing at workplace

Good morning everyone,

I have got the following issue. My father has been working for some production company for 8 years now, my fathers is Polish.During this time he has never had any accident and things like that.Recently, one of the team leaders started to
    behave badly towards my father. First of all, on the department where my father works, people work in pairs.There was one pair of 2 English people, and second one of two Polish People. The "English Pair" could chat and the team leader had nothing against it.When the "Polish pair" started to chat the team leader came and told them to stop speaking Polish and that Polish language is "balelebeele". Secondly, this is the task of team leader to bring a kind of trays to workers.The team leader brought the trays to all workers except of my father and told my father "Take it on Your own"-it happened many time.
    There were many other minor rude behaviors of the team leader, my father was getting more and more stressed as he is quite old and he is the only person who works in my family, he was just afraid of loosing job.As a result of this stress, he had an accident at work and now he is on the sick leave. My father found out, that the team leader sent some reports to the HR department when he found out that my father had accident.The issue will be being resolved when my father is back at work. I have got some questions now, and I would really appreciate the answers.

1)Can above described behaviour be treated as a discrimination?Does the team leader have a right to require from workes not to speak Polish?There is not any "English only" policy in the factory.

2)As far as I think, the behaviours of the team leader were a kind of mobbing.What do You think about it ?

Thank You in advance for answers. If there are any misunderstandings as a result of my English language,please let me know.

Best Regards,
    Kuba
    Tags: None

Re: Mobbing at workplace

Well its not an mobbing, as that's when a group of people all set upon you at the same time and beat you up.

But what it is is Bullying, And racial discrimination and segregation (separating humans in to racial groups). The employer has a duty of care under the contract of employment to protect an employee from bullying, and the racial discrimination and segregation (itself racial discrimination) is a breach of section 9 of the Equality Act 2010.

Now before i advise you on writing a formal letter of grievance for your father about the team leader (Racial discrimination is gross misconduct and may likely result in the team leader losing his job or final written warning at least). Can you tell me more details about the accident i.e. what happened exactly? Was it written down in the accident book at your fathers work place? Depending on your answers the employer may also be in breach of Health and Safety laws/regulations.
    Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Is your Dad in a union?
      If not I'd get him to ring ACAS after the holidays for clarification on whats best to do.
      Discrimination be it racial or otherwise is a very serious allegation and should be treated as such as the consequences could be far reaching for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by kubento View Post
        When the "Polish pair" started to chat the team leader came and told them to stop speaking Polish and that Polish language is "balelebeele".
        It's what?

fuerit caput eius in asinum suum !

Comment

First of all, thank You very much for all answers.You made me sure that what the team leader did was illegal. We decided to inform about the entire situation Unions and now they will take care of this.

Once more, thank You very much for all answers.

CleverClogs it was the exact quotation of what the team-leader said.

Best Regards,
          Kubento

Comment

Originally posted by kubento View Post
            CleverClogs it was the exact quotation of what the team-leader said.
            But it doesn't make sense - there is no such word in English as "balelebeele".
            Was he talking in the language of his home planet?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X