• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

old capital 1 account advice please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old capital 1 account advice please

hi guys!!!

i have an old capital 1 account,(at least 5 years since default), with a balance of £690. after a period of avoidance (my bad!!) it has been passed from DCA to DCA. I have now decided to try and resolve it but i have come unstuck.

i have sent a CCA request to lowells, bryan carter and fredrickson international. having looked through all my responses to my CCA requests, the results are as follows:
    • fredrickson have told me to contact lowells and returned my £1 P.O.
    • bryan carter has told me to contact 'their client' and returned my £1 P.O.
    • lowells has told me to contact fredrickson with no returned P.O.

what do i do now???
    Tags: None

Re: old capital 1 account advice please

Have any of them started legal action yet ie have any of them sent you a N1 summons??

I would send your request back to Lowell complete with copy of the letter you got from Fredrickson and also state that as Lowells did NOT return your £1 PO with their reply, you want conformation that your Statutory CCA request fee is paid

CCA request goes to the current account holder which will be Lowell as they will be the ones that has bought the debt

EDIT
    Remember to sign the request with computer font rather than your own signature as some have been known to copy and paste sigs onto agreements

Also send recorded delivery so you have proof of postage from the track and trace website

Comment

Originally posted by nearlythere3 View Post
      i have an old capital 1 account,(at least 5 years since default), with a balance of £690. after a period of avoidance (my bad!!) it has been passed from DCA to DCA. I have now decided to try and resolve it but i have come unstuck.

i have sent a CCA request to lowells, bryan carter and fredrickson international. having looked through all my responses to my CCA requests, the results are as follows:
      • fredrickson have told me to contact lowells and returned my £1 P.O.
      • bryan carter has told me to contact 'their client' and returned my £1 P.O.
      • lowells has told me to contact fredrickson with no returned P.O.

what do i do now???
      Who did the last letter come from? You should write back to the last person who chased you. Bryan Carter is a law firm which issues SDs and county court proceedings on behalf of Lowells which is a debt purchaser. Fredrickson is a debt collection agency. If your last letter was from Bryan Carter then post up again asap.

Comment

hi,

thanks for responses!

my last letter was from carters, it says they have been instructed by their client to issue court proceedings if payment is not received by them. no dates or deadlines, just pay!!!

i just want to receive varifacation and check everything is as it should be considering my original debt was for £500???

i have not received a NoA from capital1 just one from lowells pretending to be cap1.

advice is much appreciated.

Comment

Nearlythere3

Have any of them started legal action yet ie have any of them sent you a N1 summons??

Comment

Not received a n1 summons yet. Just standard letters advising it will be starting soon

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X