• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ASDA Credit card GE money Help needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ASDA Credit card GE money Help needed

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
    My thought on that is was it a bodge job , after all it has taken them 18 months and a takeover to produce these
    Yes it was my signature and I do not deny that I took out an ASDA credit card (Common I know...or Northern at the very least lol). But owing 45K and having diddly squat means I have to look at ways of keeping people at bay and the law is a good way
    So you don't think this is the actual agreement? Or are you just trying to blag it?

Comment

Thanks M1 and FP

I thought Satan bought GE in 2009 hence my question as to how Satan could have sold it in 2007

The DN was a proper S87(1) DN for the whole balance. I have looked at my credit report from 2012 and there was nothing about any DN from Satan or GE settled or not. It was issued on easter Tuesday and gave me 19 days to comply. Before anyone asks , no I do not have the envelope. The date of the default is 2011 , the same as the DN issue.

All I can really remember is picking up and filling in an ASDA credit card app form . I think the were quite new at the time and they were hounding customers to take a leaflet. Sadly all I saw were £££ and maybe a few cherries on a line

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
        So you don't think this is the actual agreement? Or are you just trying to blag it?
        To be honest there are too many questions in my mind as to how this could be the actual agreement.
        The fees
        The fact that on both sides of the same page are hand written agreement numbers , certainly not what I signed
        the fact it has taken 18 months and a sale(of CL finance) to get this agreement
        The default date of 2011 has always rankled but as I have defaults later than that I didn't see any point in chasing them

So I actually do think there is no proper executed agreement but am quite happy to blag it if needed. I do not want to have to stand up in court and argue a case

Comment

Thanks M1 and FP

I thought Satan bought GE in 2009 hence my question as to how Satan could have sold it in 2007

The DN was a proper S87(1) DN for the whole balance. I have looked at my credit report from 2012 and there was nothing about any DN from Satan or GE settled or not. It was issued on easter Tuesday and gave me 19 days to comply. Before anyone asks , no I do not have the envelope. The date of the default is 2011 , the same as the DN issue.

All I can really remember is picking up and filling in an ASDA credit card app form . I think the were quite new at the time and they were hounding customers to take a leaflet. Sadly all I saw were £££ and maybe a few cherries on a line
          As well as the executed agreement there should have been a copy left with you to keep, this is a requirement.
          A compliant DN would have had to be issued prior to the initial termination, you could technically argue that it was not and therefore the agreement was not correctly terminated, personally I would not hold out much hope for this, it would be your word against theirs and they do not have to keep copies .

Comment

To be honest there are too many questions in my mind as to how this could be the actual agreement.
            The fees
            The fact that on both sides of the same page are hand written agreement numbers , certainly not what I signed
            the fact it has taken 18 months and a sale(of CL finance) to get this agreement
            The default date of 2011 has always rankled but as I have defaults later than that I didn't see any point in chasing them

So I actually do think there is no proper executed agreement but am quite happy to blag it if needed. I do not want to have to stand up in court and argue a case
            Do you have any early statements which show the interest rates or charges actually applied to the account nearer inception ?

Comment

Thanks M1 and FP

Indeed they couldn't, that info should be on the NoA. More importantly, if couldn't have been sold to a debt purchaser until after you'd defaulted. :noidea:
              More significant than the dates is the fact that they asked for the whole balance, that would make it defective even if it gave you enough time, as they should only have asked for the arrears.

Of course if you defaulted in 2011, the account couldn't have been sold in 2007.

Comment

I am afraid i have nothing at all in the way of history apart from the default notice . I can email the guy who ran my DMP and ask him for anything he has regarding this debt.
                Unfortunately I can see where Andy is going with this..in a criminal case I could probably cast reasonable doubt but with what I have there is difficulty. I think my first port of call is the DMP guy although I would like to hope CL will see no reason to go forward with a claim when the most they will get is £1 per month

Comment

I am afraid i have nothing at all in the way of history apart from the default notice . I can email the guy who ran my DMP and ask him for anything he has regarding this debt.
                  Unfortunately I can see where Andy is going with this..in a criminal case I could probably cast reasonable doubt but with what I have there is difficulty. I think my first port of call is the DMP guy although I would like to hope CL will see no reason to go forward with a claim when the most they will get is £1 per month
                  It happened in a civil case too I seem to remember, someone questioned the interest rate I think on the actual interest applied on the first agreement, cant remember how it turned out unfortunately, it is over the road somewhere.

The idea being that the interest rate applied to the account was not the interest rate in the agreement, therefore prescribed term error.

EDIT or at least section 78 error, on balance of probabilities

May even have been our PT
                  Last edited by andy58; 17th December 2013, 18:47:PM.

Comment

Well I have emailed the DMP guy who should have any documents that I sent him .
                    My decision is..do I ignore for now or write back saying the S78 request is incomplete or something else

Stupid eh...I know much of what is wrong, just not the best way to deal with it

Comment

In the meantime i am going to send a formal complaint saying
                      1) What you sent did not comply with a s78(1) request and link in Carey.
                      2) Under cputr do they hold the original signed agreement
                      3) Please supply a copy of the NOA from April 2007
                      4)Assuming this was assigned please remove the default marker on my credit file from may 2011.

Does anyone think this is too much, should i trim it down.

Comment

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...7/AsdaAppl.jpg

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...4&d=1285707527

http://i38.tinypic.com/111jtec.jpg

http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/a...6662/asda2.jpg

Few Asda agreements from around same time period for your perusal. Google image search ASDA CCA 2006 etc.
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks I will have a good look.

Comment

Quick update

CL finance have said they only hold a copy of the original agreement
                            They have agreed to remove the default (doesn't make a lot of difference to me but shows it can be challenged)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X