• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

help with Lowells Please harrassing me at work even though I emailed proof that

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with Lowells Please harrassing me at work even though I emailed proof that

help with Lowells please harrassing me at work even though I emailed proof that I settled the account with a statement
    from my building society of the time and I believe I over payed them according to a statement from them and I informed
    the mail so before my phone cut out and didn't get his name. This is for a catalogue account my wife had with Simply Be
    and the only seemed to have started chasing me one I made a complaint about charges and fees on the account with the FOS
    can do anything about it. I have emailed the statement twice and have not had a reponse. help would be very much appreciated/
    Tags: None

Re: help with Lowells Please harrassing me at work even though I emailed proof that

Complain in writing saying that you will happily take Lowells to the FOS if they do not desist, and will report them to the OFT etc for disregarding that you dispute the debt is still owed. And disregarding your reqest to stop the harrasment via the work number.

You can also try email to ComplaintsResolution@LowellGroup.co.uk Not sure if that is still valid nowadays, but may be lucky and get through to a rare someone at Lowell who has a number of braincells bigger than single digits.
    Last edited by Nibbler; 16th December 2013, 12:30:PM.

Comment

Re: help with Lowells Please harrassing me at work even though I emailed proof that

You could also send them this harassment letter form the template library

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...assment-Letter

Comment

Depending on the actions or words they use then this guide here may be of use as well

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...assment-Advice

Comment

Dear Leeds Losers,

You should be aware that it is contrary to the current OFT guidelines to contact alleged debtors at their place of employment or in any other way that could cause embarrassment or annoyance.

Yet that is exactly what you have continued to do, despite my requests for such calls to stop and despite my having sent you proof that the alleged debt was fully settled some years ago.

This state of affairs will stop now. You will henceforth cease and desist from trying to contact me in any way other than by the Royal Mail. Neither you nor any of your agents, associates, employees or assignees will attempt to contact me by telephone at work or anywhere else, nor will you or they send or attempt to send any electronic message to whatever mobile telephone numbers you may have associated with my account.

For the avoidance of any doubt, I also formally withdraw any licence, whether implied or otherwise, for any of your agents, associates, employees or assignees to visit me, whether at work, at home or anywhere else.

This will be your only warning. Any further attempted communication or threats to visit me will be logged and a report made to the appropriate authorities. I also reserve the right to seek an account of damages from your company under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

Yours Faithfully,

Clever Clogs

Comment

Originally posted by halsaps View Post
            This is for a catalogue account my wife had with Simply Be and the only seemed to have started chasing me one I made a complaint about charges and fees on the account with the FOS ...
            The debt was not even yours?

Comment

Thankyou all so much for your advice I feel alot better know happy christmas to you all.

Comment

got this reply which I don't understand I do know remember that this catalogue was in my name. but that
                doesn't matter the only thing I did was to add my wives name in my complaint does this make any difference
                help please.

Re: Lowell Portfolio I Ltd (“Lowell”)
                Lowell Reference Number: I acknowledge receipt of correspondence dated 15 December 2013 and note all your comments.Summary of the complaintYou are unhappy with collection activity as you believe the above account was paid and you have provided evidence of payment to Lowell.Our findingsI understand your frustration in relation to this matter however I must advise that no payments have been received towards the above account in your name.Following receipt of your email I have reviewed the correspondence issued to us and what you also provided to the Financial Ombudsman Service.Firstly, I feel it is fair to advise that the account number quoted for the JD Williams account of xxxx is in your name solely and your wife is not named on this account.As a result it would appear there may be some confusion in relation to any payments made. Whilst I understand that payment was made to Lowell, I can advise that the payment you have sent in evidence for was not applied to the above account.I do note that the Nationwide account that the payment was made from is a joint account. As a result I strongly urge you to review any correspondence you may have received in relation to the payment made and also check if any accounts were held in your wife’s name with Lowell.I have placed the account on hold for 30 days, I trust this will allow sufficient time for you to review the details provided and contact us in regards to payment proposals on the above account. Following receipt of your email dated 17 December 2013 all telephone numbers held for the above account have been removed and no further calls will be on the account.I hope that this response concludes the matter to your satisfaction. If you need to discuss things further, please do not hesitate to contact me on 0800 542 0058 or contact me at the address provided.

Comment

So you have never had an account with them yourself?

Comment

I would be sending a SAR to them to see what they all have on you, ie to see what account info they hold for you, and what payments have been made to each account

Looks like that Lowell have been paying the money for this account into another account

I personally think you getting all the info from Lowell is the only way you are going to find out what Lowell have and haven't done

Comment

this is there reply:
                      Thank you for your email the contents of which have been noted.

Please be advised that as the funds paid in February 2013 were not paid to the account in your name I cannot divulge that information due to the Data Protection Act without the account holder's permission. As the payment was made from a joint Nationwide account and you have referred to your wife in your correspondence I would urge you to speak to her regarding any accounts that she made have held with Lowell.

In regards to charges and interest applied to the account, I must advise that Lowell cannot comment on these as they were applied prior to sale. I would advise however, that charges are notified within the terms and conditions and will be applied should the account not be run in accordance with these. No charges have been applied since the sale of the account.

I understand your concern however; as payment has not been received towards the above account and a balance remains outstanding then the account will be returned to our Collection Department. I am happy to discuss a settlement figure taking into consideration a discount. The account will remain on hold for 30 days.

Please refer to my previous correspondence as our final response on the matter.

Comment

the strange thing of all the catalogues I remeber the simply be one is mine and that I believed was payed up
                        and sent them the statement with there name on to lowells but they still are going for me but I have sent a letter with
                        my wifes authorisation but as we are married why is it necessary for what they wouldn't let me see.
                        Last edited by halsaps; 30th December 2013, 19:28:PM. Reason: grammer

Comment

know they say that the 373 so this computer doesn't seem to have a pound character was for a littlewoods account my wife had but I believed I was paying my Simply Be account my wives Littlewoods was being dealt with by another debt recovery company NDR
                          Last edited by halsaps; 5th January 2014, 12:34:PM. Reason: addition

Comment

I have attached the credit agreement but it isn't signed they say it doesn't need to be I have forwarded everything today
                            to the FOS as for there opinion Lowells have given me 30 days is this before they proceed with legal action action this email
                            from them today still seems to me like they are not budging much:
                            Lowell Reference - 121478234
                            Thank you for your email the contents of which have been noted.

Firstly, I must advise that the balance sold to us was the final balance held by JD Williams, Lowell has added no charges or interest. I understand you have provided a document asking for payment of £264 from Robinson Way, however, this was dated the 05 March 2012. Lowell cannot comment on charges or interest that are added prior to the account being sold and would advise that we took ownership of this account on the 20 December 2012.

I appreciate your concern in relation to this matter however, I must advise that at the time you made payment to Lowell in 2010 we did not hold the details of the Simply Be account in your name and respectfully refute that there could have been any confusion as to which account was paid at the time.

I can also advise that Lowell has received no contact from the Citizens Advice Bureau in relation to this account. We have received contact from you and each time have placed the account on hold whilst we responded.

I understand that you have made payment to Lowell in 2010 however as advised this was not in relation to the above account and must advise that your account remains outstanding with a balance of £350. We are happy to discuss a settlement figure to include a discount on the account and would ask that you contact us at your earliest
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by halsaps View Post
                              I have attached the credit agreement but it isn't signed they say it doesn't need to be
                              It might not need to be signed, but (link 1, link 2, link 3) it does need to include certain prescribed terms such as one's right to cancel the agreement. The prescribed terms seem to be completely missing.

Moreover, to comply with Regulation 6(2) of the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983 (link) the agreement must be "easily legible" and the crap sent by Bowells is not even barely legible.

Hence, the purported agreement does not comply with the law and should, in my opinion, be difficult (if not impossible) for Bowells to enforce.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X