• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

car legalities

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car legalities

Help ! .
    I have just got a car from a dealer on hp. The issue is the dealer has given me the car which i have had over 2 weeks all signed for and have the log book. The finance company have declined the finance because im on a probation period at my new job. I part exchanged my old car in the deal. What is my options ? Pls help
    Tags: None

Re: car legalities

Did you tell the dealer know you were in your probationary period with your new employer?
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Did not ask me,until after i recieved the car.

Comment

If your old motor-car is still with the dealer, the sensible course of action might be to rescind the contract and take your old jalopy back.

The dealer won't like that, of course but, unless you (or he) can find an alternative source of finance to purchase the new motor-car, there really aren't many choices open.

Could you get the motor-car on hire purchase rather than through a loan?

Comment

I have put alot of miles on the new car.

Comment

Then that's a greater incentive for the dealer to sort out the finance problem! :grin:

Comment

Yes i am surprised that the dealer has not been banging on your door, since he would not have had his money from the finance provider.

If they provided(brokered) the finance and you were truthful on your application, the fault is theirs, although they will undoubtedly say different, you either get a similar deal or your car back and as said rescind the contract. They cannot take an action for any damages incurred by their error.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X