• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Clamp on car/JBW

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Clamp on car/JBW

Hahaha cleverclogs no unfortunately not.
    He still hasnt returned after his little letterbox fumble.

Comment

The online Bailiff Register is hopelessly out of date unfortunately. You could always ask him.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
        The online Bailiff Register is so hopelessly out of date and such a waste of time and resources that it might as well be administered by Crapita.
        I've fixed your post for you! :grin:

The on-line Register still lists Boadicea Boswell:

Comment

sitting here waiting for the next course of action from bailiff. Received e-mail from Northampton who sent me out of time forms to print (found it in my spam mail) to have signed by my local crown court which I will get done today. The only worry I have is that the bailiff might tow my car. Still need to know if it is lawful for the bailiff to give me a carbon copy of the form 7 as it It has a distorted explanation of details mixed with personal details of another poor sod going through the same thing. Im tempted to visit the other person who's details I have on this and let him know I have his name Dave ..... and his address/postcode and details of his car, fine etc.
          Also this form 7 says to turn over to read details of extra fees that can occur, but as it is a carbon copy these details are not there it is just blank/blue.
          Am I able to complain about this and if so who do I complain to.
          I tried to let the court and he council know but they are not interested. Im unsure if I should contact JBW direct or not because having read so many threads on here there seems to be so many conflicting advice posts with so many disagreements about what is right or wrong thing to do.
          I read on another thread that clamping a car without giving a person a warning beforehand is unlawful, this is what happened to me, but then someone else replied that it is lawful...aaaaaarrrgh not sure where I stand legally here. So damn tired of it, hopefully get things sorted out today, thanks to everyone who has replied to my posts :reindeer:

Comment

Totally confused,
            bailiff just removed clamp from my car and drove away. No knock on door or letter put through explaining why.
            I called the court at Northampton who said they don't know why and I should call the council, called the council and they said they don't know why either.....what the.... made a complaint and stated that this is causing stress, im waiting for a call from manager after I told the guy from the council that I want to know what they are playing at. This is crazy.

Comment

He's probably run out of clamps with which to terrorise women,

His parents must so be proud of him.

Comment

It sounds to me that JBW have realised they have made a pig's ear of your case and removed the clamp rather than risk getting their backsides kicked. If the matter of the data protection issues were notified to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the ICO has the power to inflict a Civil Monetary Penalty of up to £500,000. The ICO is not afraid to wield this stick and bring it down hard on those who breach data protection legislation.
                Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Thanks for your posts clever clogs and bluebottle.
                  God what a long day yesterday, well here's the saga since my last post.
                  Got a phone call from a bailiff manager or whatever he calls himself at the council. (GET READY TO LAUGH AT THIS ONE)
                  He stated that JBW told him that their policy is to clamp a car for 24 hours and then remove it to see if they get a call from the person to make payment, oh my gosh really? I am sure other JBW vicims would be interested in that one. I stated that this is absurd. He said that I need to hurry and get my out of time claim back to Northampton as the bailiff could come back and clamp the car again if they wanted to. I nearly fell off my chair in shock. I informed him about the breach of data protection relating to the other man's details on my seizure of goods form, he replied that he is not interested in those details and that I should complain about it direct to the bailiffs, I stated that he should be interested as JBW work on behalf of the council so surely he should be the one to deal with it, again after umming and erring he said he is not obliged to deal with that. ( I recorded the whole conversation which went on for 24 minutes) Anyway to cut a long story short I went to a solicitor yesterday afternoon and paid for him to sign my declaration then faxed it to Southampton. Hopefully this will put a stop to the JBW bailiffs harassing me any more.
                  I will keep you updated. Thanks again.

Comment

Oooh just remembered I forgot to mention that this council bailiff manager stated that I should be grateful to JBW as the bailiff was considerate to remove the clamp and could have towed the car away if he wanted to. Gosh i'm eternally grateful for their kindness, I must add them to my Christmas card list

Comment

Who does this bailiff manager ACTUALLY work for?

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                        Exactly my thoughts, Ostell. It would not surprise me in the least if it was a JBW employee who rang the OP and impersonated a local government officer. Not only is this tantamount to deceitful conduct, it does make me wonder whether this was or would be sanctioned by the local authority who have employed JBW.
                        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                          If not JBW, then he probably works for some outsourcing outfit like Crapita.

His evident attitude problem does not astound me, as another contributor's thread shewed that the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham has so little regard for legal niceties that they really are quite barking!

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

Sorry to butt in with something else...But its clamp related, I am sure a lot of clamped people read this and the info would be appreciated...What if a clamped car became unclamped and the clamp just dissapeared...Basicly as if you never saw the clamp,as if the clamping never happened,say some good citizen removed it before you saw it so you are not aware of it...and the clamp gone forever somewhere in a hole, in your garden type of thing? Would you get in trouble as it maybe would be pressumed that you yourself removed it? and surely if there is no Damaged clamp to be found its never an offence anyway as Criminal Damage to the clamp is what you usually would get nicked for?

Comment

Also...I should ad that in no way do I condone the burying of metalic objects in ones garden,contamination of land could be an issue,the low life pond life that have handled the clamps in the past may have contaminated the Clamp,with at least bad vibes if nothing else...idealy smelt it down if you want to rid your world of all evil lol

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X