• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Clamp on car/JBW

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clamp on car/JBW

Hi can anyone help,
    I woke to find a letter in my door at 7.30 this morning saying that a bailiff from JBW had clamped my car. There is two documents, one says notice of seizure of goods & inventory which says I have to pay them £783.04 issued from Canterbury county court. I have never been to canterbury.
    The other document says enforcement notice with the name of the bailiff and a breakdown of fees and says the client is Barking and Dagenham which is the borough I live in

Balance before todays visit......£499.84
    Attendance to Levy Fee.........£73.20
    Attendance to remove fee........£210.00
    Total balance now due.....£783.04

I called my friend in a panic...I am a single parent with 2 young children and extremely worried, she stated that the bailiff had committed some kind of offence because he had left the property leaving the clamp which is called abandonment or something along those lines. She also checked the bailiff name on a list to see if he had a certificate to work but he is not listed.

I presume this is for a parking fine but I dont know from when as I havnt had anything sent to me or had any tickets on my car.

I dont know what to do now. I certainly do not have that kind of money.
    I have taken a photo of the clamp and the sticker on the window and also video of the fact that no one is outside to talk to. I am worried they will try to enter my home and take my things.
    Any urgent advice would be so appreciated. Thank you
    Tags: None

Re: Clamp on car/JBW

Originally posted by mishmash321 View Post
    I don't know what to do now.
    The obvious first step would be to contact the council and ask them why Jamie's Brainless W*nkers have clamped your motor-car - the oaf may just have come to the wrong address!

£499.84 seems excessive for a parking ticket. Do you owe any Council Tax?

There is little risk of the muppet even trying to enter your home - why should he, after he has seized your motor-car?

Comment

I called the council, they said it was for turning right in a no right turn road which I have no clue of doing, I explained that they have not sent me anything relating to this and she said I need to call Northampton court.
      Thanks for our reply Cleverclogs

Comment

Hi and welcome to Legal Beagles.

I am somewhat concerned by what you have posted. Could you please advise the following -

1. Has any photographic evidence been provided to you in respect of the alleged NO RIGHT TURN offence?
        2. What is the matter from Canterbury Court, as alleged by Waller's Wallies?
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Hi Bluebottle, thanks for your reply.
          The woman from the council told me to view their site online LBBW, It does show footage of me turning right into a main road where I did not realise it was no right turn, this was back in February as shown on the footage. I still do not understand why I have not received any letters about this.
          I contacted Northampton court who said they will send me an out of time form that I have to sign and have witnessed at a county court, but the man said they cannot stop bailiff action until they process this which could take up to 6-8 weeks he reckons. Looks like my car will be towed an more charges added.
          I have not got a clue about why it has Canterbury court on it when the offence was in Barking Essex. I forgot to ask as I am panicking.

Comment

The woman from the council told me to view their site online LBBW, It does show footage of me turning right into a main road where I did not realise it was no right turn, this was back in February as shown on the footage. I still do not understand why I have not received any letters about this.
            I contacted Northampton court who said they will send me an out of time form that I have to sign and have witnessed at a county court, but the man said they cannot stop bailiff action until they process this which could take up to 6-8 weeks he reckons. Looks like my car will be towed an more charges added.
            I have not got a clue about why it has Canterbury court on it when the offence was in Barking Essex. I forgot to ask as I am panicking.
            De-criminalised parking and traffic matters are dealt with by Northampton Traffic Enforcement Centre, which is not a court but a star chamber, paid for by local authorities. Get the picture? When you say it is you turning right, is it, though, as you say you have no recollection of doing so? As for the matter relating to Canterbury County Court, I would ring Canterbury County Court and ask them what it is about.

Comment

Ok this will make you laugh it seems the stupid bailiff has written all the wrong details on the notice of seizure of goods, he has written canterbury county court and written the wrong postcode and penalty charge number down. He turned up at my door just now and had his hand through the letterbox trying to see if the letter was still in the door, sorry but as worriedas I am that did make me chuckle. He has just driven off again lol.
              The footage was definately me in the video, I made the error but would have paid the penalty if I had got it back in Feb

Comment

Was there any NO RIGHT TURN signage in evidence when the alleged offence took place and is it visible in the footage on LBBD's website? If not, LBBD may have problems with enforcement. You have the right to ask for a copy of the Traffic Management Order (TMO)/Traffic Regulation Order (TRO) relating to the junction concerned. Some local authorities, when asked for a TMO/TRO, will either provide a copy, as they are required to do, or refuse, which tends to indicate there is no TMO/TRO in force. Northampton TEC are correct in sending you an OOT Form as you never received any correspondence relating to it. You need to let JBW know about this.

Response in red text.

Comment

Ok this will make you laugh it seems the stupid bailiff has written all the wrong details on the notice of seizure of goods, he has written canterbury county court and written the wrong postcode and penalty charge number down. He turned up at my door just now and had his hand through the letterbox trying to see if the letter was still in the door, sorry but as worriedas I am that did make me chuckle. He has just driven off again lol.
                  The footage was definately me in the video, I made the error but would have paid the penalty if I had got it back in Feb
                  Subject to our more experienced members advising on the matter of the bailiff's errors on the Form 7 - Notice of Seizure, it is a pity you did not "clamp" his hand in the letterbox and record his cries for help with your mobile. It would have made quite entertaining viewing on YouTube.

Comment

Hahahaha oh damn I wish I had thought of that

Comment

Sorry to sound dim, but the notice of seizure of goods, should I have been given the original top copy or the carbon copy, the reason I ask is that at the bottom it says a bit about additional cost and says 'see over' but as its a carbon copy there is nothing on the other side for me to see. I can also see the details of another person on there which is offset to the right showing someones postcode and door number
                      Am I right in thinking that he has made a big blunder here

Comment

If someone else's personal details are clearly visible, both the bailiff and JBW are in breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 and liable to a substantial fine.

Comment

He turned up at my door just now and had his hand through the letterbox trying to see if the letter was still in the door, sorry but as worried as I am that did make me chuckle.
                          Did his fingers get caught on the carpet gripper strip you'd screwed inside the letterbox to stop petty theft? :grin:

Comment

When you spoke to the Traffic Enforcement Centre did you ask them to confirm the exact address including postcode that is on the Warrant?

Comment

hi Plodderton
                              yes I did and it was the correct details but the carbon copy that I have has got someone elses details on too probably from being pushed down on previously. I am sure he was not supposed to give me a carbon copy.
                              The issuing court details were wrong though.
                              The bailiff is not listed on the register as certificated. Can he legally clamp my car if he isnt on this

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X