• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye Parking Charge Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye Parking Charge Notice

A couple months ago I apparently overstayed in a 3-hour limit car park. I did not notice any signs when I went in, but after getting the notice I went back and did find the signs. I paid the fine, but apparently it has been rejected by my card issuer, so I got another letter. There is no return address on the envelope. This is what it says:

Dear Sir/Madam:

With reference to the parking charge incurred on (DATE) at (TIME) at (LOCATION).

Unfortunately, we have to inform you that your debit/credit card payment has been rejected and charged back to us by the card issuer. We kindly request, that you forward valid payment without delay. A
    £20 processing charge has now been added to your balance which is now (CHARGE AMOUNT).

To make a further payment by credit/debit card please telephone 0844 247 2982, or visit www.parkingeye.co.uk or you may send a cheque or postal order to the address below.

Upon receipt of a valid payment for the full and outstanding amount, the matter will be closed and you will receive no further correspondence from us. Until then, the Parking Charge remains outstading.

Yours Faithfully,

ParkingEye Team

(ADDRESS LISTED)

So, my question is... what do I do now? Just pay up? Ignore? I thought the matter was taken care of so really don't have any evidence to provide like receipts or anything. Please help me!
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Eye Parking Charge Notice

Are they still offering you a chance to appeal ?

M1

Comment

I don't know if I can appeal, that is everything that was in the letter I got.

Comment

Did you use any retailers on the site ? Have receipts or bank statements to confirm ?

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
          Did you use any retailers on the site ? Have receipts or bank statements to confirm ?

M1
          I did go to retailers but I don't have receipts. I was with a friend who paid for everything so none of the bank statements are in my name.

Comment

oh, I just checked again... I do have a bank statement from a small amount I spent at a retailer there that day! It is a foreign bank card though, and does not give a time of transaction...

Comment

Ask your friend for redacted copies if you can as this will be your best and easiest way to get the charges cancelled.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                Ask your friend for redacted copies if you can as this will be your best and easiest way to get the charges cancelled.

M1
                Here is a copy of my bank statement from the day. There is a date given and the store name, but no time. Will this be sufficient? How can I write an appeal based on this?

Comment

Also, just noticed that the name given on the parking charge notice is not my legal name. Does this mean anything? Can I ignore it based on that fact?

Comment

The best thing to do is to contact the retailers with proof of purchase and see if they'll help. If you are a regular customer and they don't want to lose your custom they'll get it cancelled. Give your friend a copy of the notice and get them to complain with their proof of purchases too.

At the same time i'd complain to parking eye too.

Dear sirs,

i, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver and passenger were genuine customers on site and i enclose a copy of a proof of purchase to evidence this.

The driver did not see any signs upon entry to the car park. The charge is penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

Should you decline my appeal please provide a popla code.

Yours etc

M1

Comment

Thank you... I've sent the appeal, and now today I received a new "original" notice... exactly the same as the first one that has the photos of the car going in and out of the carpark with the timestamps. Do I need to appeal again? The reference number is the same as on the first letter; I am really confused as to why I got it again? Especially since I paid it the first time, the only reason I was getting contacted before was because they said my bank account rejected the charge. This is beginning to seem reaaallly fishy...

Comment

If it's the same pcn number then no. Email/phone if you want but don't waste a stamp (unless you're not paying for stamps)

M1

Comment

If you have been given the chance to appeal - seize it with both hands and don't let go.

Can you post up copy of front and rear of the actual charge notice which should include appeal information on there? Not sure this is contrary to the forum rules so please respect the posts from those with considerably more posts than I.

Please ensure that you do erase anything that can tie it back to you i.e. vehicle registration, times, etc.?

Do not communicate to the PPC or here whether you were actually the driver of the vehicle on the day in question.

I have just won my first case on one of these for a neighbour. I'll check up on some facts.

Was this in England, Wales or Scotland / Northern Ireland?

Also is this an ANPR photo (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) or were you originally issued a paper ticket on the car windscreen?

Comment

hi just got a letter from Parking eye for a parking charge but I paid for the parking as I still have the toicket only thing is I put one letter of my number plate the wrong way round any advice on what I should do please.

Comment

Are you aloud to suggest another website, theres one i used regularly which has some great info on how to deal with these companies and is pretty up to date on the case law should you decide to just tell them to get er stuffed

had problems with several private parking companies ,in all honesty i treat them with complete and utter distain as they are just moneygrabbing sharks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X