• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bryan carter northampton county court help!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bryan carter northampton county court help!!!

Originally posted by familia View Post
    hi ostell, I'm hoping it may be statute barred...however im not too entirely sure if I made a payment to Lowell before 18.01.08 - as it was a while back now, but am I right in believing the CPR Request should identify this??
    The CPR 31.14 request is just for documents mentioned on the particulars of claim, which would be:
    • the agreement
    • the notice of assignment
    • the default notice

The CCA request should include a statement of account. There is another CPR request (Part 18) that can be sent for information, separate from the one you've already sent: http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pro...rt18/pd_part18

IN THE xyz county court
    CLAIM NO:

BETWEEN:
    XXXXXXXXXX
    Claimant

and

XXXXXXXXXXX

Defendant

PART 18 REQUEST FOR FURTHER INFORMATION

To: XYZ (claimant)

Please answer the following question:

1. What date is shown as the last payment made into this account?

[INSERT OTHER QUESTIONS HERE IF RELEVANT]

TAKE NOTICE THAT YOU ARE REQUIRED TO ANSWER THE ABOVE REQUEST WITHIN 14 DAYS OF SERVICE OF THE SAME UPON YOU
    Last edited by FlamingParrot; 18th November 2013, 17:56:PM.

Comment

thank you for the kind replies and advice, im currently in the process of filling the response pack in regards to the claim, however im not to sure which box to tick, which would you suggest would be the best one for me to tick?

1. I intend to defend all of this claim.
      2. I intend to defend part of this claim.
      3. I intend to contest jurisdiction.

kind regards,

Familia
      Last edited by familia; 20th November 2013, 13:00:PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I intend to defend all of this claim
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Ok quick update...sent the claim forms off and ticked defend all...in the meantime I received this letter from bryan carter

Last edited by familia; 25th November 2013, 12:34:PM.

Comment

Hi guys sorry to be a pest but I really need some help now in regards to replying to this letter to bryan carter and what to write in the defence form. I have sent out a response to CPR 31.14 request as I still haven't received a reply from lowell in regards to this or the CCA requests which I sent out recorded delivery on the 18.11.13.

Last edited by Amethyst; 10th December 2013, 09:29:AM. Reason: spacing

Comment

Your defence, regardless of the non compliance with the CPR, will be based on their lack of compliance with your CCA request. They are now in default of that request so cannot enforce the debt (gain judgment) until such time as they produce the agreement.

When does your defence need to be in by?
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi amethyst, defence needs to be filed by 16th Dec. Would you be able to advise me what to clearly write on the defence form

Thank you very much for the input

Last edited by familia; 10th December 2013, 12:37:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X