• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

American Express - Sucess

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Express - Sucess

Hi All.

After asking the FOS to have a look at my failed claim against AMERICAN EXPRESS CREDIT CARD the FOS have found in my favor, yesterday I got a letter with an offer from amex highlighted below

OFFER amex has offered a refund of all premiums +8% statutory interest on each premium charged per month regardless of if the account is in credit.
    the FOS advised that the offer is not in line with approach taken by the FOS when they find PPI policy's to be mis-sold .

Cannot remember how much PPI I have paid on the account the card had an outstanding balance of between £1000/£2000 and had PPI from JAN 2001 - July 2012
    not sure what it all means , can anybody help?

thanks in advance
    mac
    Tags: None

Re: American Express - Sucess

Hi there

you could ask them for a more detailed breakdown on how they come to work out how much PPi you paid, they should send you a written detailed breakdown on request.

Well done, let us know if any probs from here. :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Originally posted by macdaddymac View Post
      Hi All.

After asking the FOS to have a look at my failed claim against AMERICAN EXPRESS CREDIT CARD the FOS have found in my favor, yesterday I got a letter with an offer from amex highlighted below

OFFER amex has offered a refund of all premiums +8% statutory interest on each premium charged per month regardless of if the account is in credit.
      the FOS advised that the offer is not in line with approach taken by the FOS when they find PPI policy's to be mis-sold .

Cannot remember how much PPI I have paid on the account the card had an outstanding balance of between £1000/£2000 and had PPI from JAN 2001 - July 2012

thanks in advance
      mac
      They charged 0.68p PPI per £100 of the balance. If the balance on the card was £1000 then PPI for the month woud be charged at £6.80. Have you got the breakdown of the redress? I am in a similar position and don't know what to expect. Thanks

Comment

I am having the same problem with the FOS and Amex can I ask has your problem been resolved as yet and if so what was the outcome
        Maggyp

Originally posted by macdaddymac View Post
        Hi All.

thanks in advance
        mac

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X