• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Jacobs Bailiffs Penalty Charge Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacobs Bailiffs Penalty Charge Notice

Try for a means hearing even these mongrels cant get what you aint got what planet are they on?

Comment

24-carat bull***t from Jacobs, as always. My inclination would be to play hardball with them and the local authorities involved.

Labman has given you some excellent advice in Post #11 and that is to apply directly to the court for a means hearing. If the court decides your offer to Jacobs is reasonable, given your current financial circumstances, and orders you to pay £20 per month, it is going to make Jacobs look unreasonable and, probably, p*ss-off the local authorities who employed them.

Local authorities do not like their names being bandied about in court proceedings, even where they are not the defendant. With public debt contracts, which is the type of contract Jacobs have with the two local authorities in your case, it is not uncommon for there to be a clause in the contract to the effect that a contractor shall not do anything that brings the government department or local authority into disrepute or exposes them to litigation.

Behaving in the way Jacobs are behaving in your case could be argued to be "conduct capable of bringing the local authorities into disrepute".
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
        Try for a means hearing even these mongrels cant get what you aint got what planet are they on?
        Answers on a postcard, please, to.....

Comment

One thing to beware of is what ever OP does, Jacobs will clamp any motor they see outside their property, whether it is theirs, their neighbours or a cat's, if they feel they haven't put enough pressure on to get you to borrow from Wonga or whatever to get the cash to pay them.

Comment

thanks everyone, i'll go for a means hearing, so I simply turn up and ask for one?

Comment

If only I was the neighbour whos car is clamped the disc cutter is at the ready and a deep river nearby!

Comment

Originally posted by springwater View Post
                wife didnt want to stress me any further so has ignored them and kind of hoped they went away.....i know.....i know.
                How hard did you spank the silly woman?

Comment

Originally posted by springwater View Post
                  thanks everyone, i'll go for a means hearing, so I simply turn up and ask for one?
                  Telephone or call in at the court office and ask them. Subject to what others think, it might not be a bad idea to inform the local authorities involved that you are applying to the court for a Means Hearing, due to the unreasonable behaviour of their contracted enforcement agents, and will be bringing to the attention of the court, by naming the local authorities, that Jacobs were acting on their behalf.

As stated previously, it is likely the two local authorities involved won't be happy their names are being cited at a court hearing. Whether it will "persuade" them to kick Jacobs into touch is another matter, but I don't think Jacobs will be on their Christmas card lists if the two local authorities are named at the Means Hearing.

Comment

sadly, and ridiculously, this is now at the bailiff stage the bailiff has said he's calling today. to cut a long story short, i had the £20 a month accepted, and defaulted, i changed banks from co op to barclays and the standing order wasnt transferred. i shoudl hav checked, entoreily my fault.

the bailiff says he can come 'for the next twelve months and add charges everytime'. when i challenged him on this, and said he could only charge for three visits, he said i was wrong.

he also says he 'doesnt believe i cant pay one of the tickets in full', he will only accept full payment on one ticket in order to come to an arrangement on the other ticket.

my question is, what do I do here? is there anything I can do?

Comment

ignore this, ive sorted it, I made a complaint to jacobs and bailiff has backed down in monumental fashion.

Comment

Me again!

so, one of these has now been paid in full and jacobs are willing to 'come to a payment arrangement' on the other.

However, if i log on to the council website, I can pay the fine for £112, rather than the £385 Jacobs are trying to charge me!

what happens if i pay this online to the council? what are jacobs then chasing exactly?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X