• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The Warm Home Discount scheme

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Warm Home Discount scheme

https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-dis...e/how-to-claim

3. Eligibility

You qualify for the discount if on the ‘qualifying day’ (20 July 2013) your supplier was part of the scheme, your name (or your partner’s) was on the bill and you were either:
    • 75 or over and getting the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit (even if you get Savings Credit)
    • under 75 and only getting the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit (you won’t qualify if you also get Savings Credit)

If you don’t qualify

Some suppliers can offer the discount to vulnerable people (eg those on a low income).
    Each supplier has their own rules about who else (known as the ‘broader group’) can get this help.
    Check with the supplier if you meet their rules for broader group help and how to apply for it.
    Energy suppliers

The following suppliers are part of the scheme:

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick
    Tags: None

Re: The Warm Home Discount scheme

There's an advert on TV offering new boilers etc (Johnny Ball is on it)..I caught a glimpse of it yesterday and there was a list of benefits needed to meet the criteria,,am going to be awfully cheeky and ask if any beagle can access the info on it cos I'm useless at stuff like that and up to me ears in wedding gumph xxxx

Comment

Its not all its cracked up to be if you are interested do some research into the company .

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
        Its not all its cracked up to be if you are interested do some research into the company .
        Originally posted by Inca View Post
        There's an advert on TV offering new boilers etc (Johnny Ball is on it)..I caught a glimpse of it yesterday and there was a list of benefits needed to meet the criteria,,am going to be awfully cheeky and ask if any beagle can access the info on it cos I'm useless at stuff like that and up to me ears in wedding gumph xxxx
        There's a thread on hukd
        http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/anyon...-979855?page=4
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

i applied for this,but what i don't get is apparently its not paying out until March. surely the most sensible time to do it would be oct/november when its dark at 4pm and not light til after 8am?

im thankful either way i suppose, will go a long way

Comment

We have followed up 3 different home insulation schemes including British Gas but they make appointments and then do not turn up and it is impossible to get them to move. These companies should be struck off the government scheme if they do not act in a professional manner.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X