• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

G e Money,Secured loan,and unfair charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G e Money,Secured loan,and unfair charges

Hello,
    Please, could I have some direction and advice concerning G E Money and claiming from them.
    This is my son's loan. He has always been self employed and works in the construction industry. He builds things, doesn't try to destroy as G E Money does,so has asked me to help.
    Secured Loan for £17,400 taken out with IGroup in July 2004.Term of loan 90 months.
    Loan for £15,000 plus £2,400 for front loaded PPI.Term of PPI 60 months.
    Has been in trouble with loan over years which culminated in a suspended possession order(2006) being activated in July 2013.
    Loan finished Jan 2012, but kept on with repayments.
    Went to Court and Judge granted a Time order.Payments are now £556 per month.
    Has already paid approx £23500 off loan,G E Money want another £22,000.
    He has a mortgage for £66,000 with another company with no arrears.
    Sent SAR request in July and discovered the PPI plus *&^%$ charges.
    Apparently PPI was brokered by Ocean Finance. Have chased PPI through Ocean Finance, Mr P Newey,Ocean Finance Mortgages Ltd and Cigna the underwriters.
    Have spoken to Ombudsman's office,who said that chances of claiming from any of the above were slim to none.So:-
    I wish to claim PPI and charges from G E Money who have received the payments from day one of the loan.
    I do not understand how the rate of interest they say they charge (0.750%)
    could add up to what they now want.
    From reading these threads I don't think they complied with my SAR request.
    I seem to have two T and C's for the PPi, but none for the actual loan. I have no proper loan agreement and certainly no idea of the rates of interest.
    Son phoned GE Money yesterday and asked what they were. Was told they use Barclay's base rate.
    Would sending a request for another SAR and a DSAR be a good idea,and would a glimse of the underwriting sheet do me any good?
    I have some other questions,but perhaps I should walk before I can run!
    Please could someone help. Thank you for reading.
    Tags: None

Re: G e Money,Secured loan,and unfair charges

Hi and welcome to Legal Beagles.

The first thing that struck me was that your son is self employed and he was sold PPI - surely that was mis-sold, being a self employed person myself I always chose NOT to be sold this product as I knew that it would not cover me in the event that I needed to claim.

Others will be along soon to offer further advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X