• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking eye leeds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking eye leeds

First of all apologies if this is repeat of previous posts. I received a parking charge notice a couple of years ago from Parking Eye which at
    the time ignored and after a few letters nothing more was done. I understand the laws have changed since then, my daughter works in the centre of leeds and parked in a car park in Leeds run by Parking Eye on a Sunday, she bought an all day ticket which expired at 6pm, she was late out of work and didn't leave the car park until 6.30, so therefore has received a parking charge notice, she still has the ticket, there is nothing on the board to say what they call 'all day', how does she stand now with the new laws?
    Tags: None

Re: Parking eye leeds

There are similar events on pepipoo.com where Parking Eye have their own definitions about what the the phrase "All day" means.

Comment

The expiry time on her ticket was 6pm, can they enforce the full charge or just the half an hour over?

Comment

It doesn't matter what the ticket says if you have to pay money to get it. After you've paid is not relevant. http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/1970/2.html

However it really doesn't matter because now it's a case of appeal and almost always you'll lose. Get a popla code and write an appeal such as http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Appeal-Letter and almost always win. You can include the "all day" argument too.

I'd appeal as such :-

Dear sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver of vehicle xxxxx purchased a ticket to park all day, a copy which is attached. As well as this your charge is penal and neot a genuine pre estimate of loss.

Should you not accept my appeal please provide a popla code for my use.

Yours etc

M1

Comment

Thanks for the info, what is a popla code?

Comment

A few reads in the private parking forum on pepipoo.com might give you some better insight into the procedures

Comment

Originally posted by suedob View Post
              Thanks for the info, what is a popla code?

http://www.popla.org.uk/

It's an "independant" appeals service that is must use for the parking companies. It is binding on them but not you.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X