• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Simple clarification needed.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple clarification needed.

Sorry if this is going over old ground, but I am neither legally or technically minded so find this all a bit confusing.

i have received a parking charge notice from civil enforcement limited.

It was issued on the 21/10 for an offence apparently on the 29/9 which I believe makes it illegal as it is over 14 days late?

i was in the car all of the time of the offence as I was lost and was trying to work out where I was and then waited a few minutes for my partner to come and find me (I was meant to be picking him up). I was waiting in a hotel car park.

any help or guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Quinny

Re: Simple clarification needed.

Hi & to LegalBeagles......someone will pop by and help you in the morning

Comment

Re: Simple clarification needed.

You should appeal the ticket, which most of the time will get rejected. You should then get a popla code with the rejection letter. Then you appeal to popla along these lines and win.

I would appeal like this initially to the parking company,

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The car was not parked as you state and your charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss. No contract was entered in to. Should you decline my challenge please provide a popla code.

Yours etc

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X