• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bailiffs have seized my vehicle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bailiffs have seized my vehicle

Bailiffs clamped and seized my vehicle with no notification as to who or where they had taken it. I reported it stolen and after several phone calls discovered it had been taken by and independant bailiff working alongside Marsden. The bailiff is threatening to sell the vehicle at auction and has told me that the car is incurring daily charges by the pound. My concern is the vehicle is still under finance, which i told the bailiff who said experian is saying the car has cleared finance. What can i do to?

Re: Bailiffs have seized my vehicle

Why was the vehicle seized?

Comment

Parking tickets, which i was trying to make arrangements to pay

Comment

Someone on here should advise when they come online be prepared to give as much info as possible it will help to try and sort this.

Comment

Sorry its the first time i have visited this site. what information would you like ?

Comment

I cant offer much advice but I would say have the history of the parking fine and actions that followed to hand there are some on here who will try and sort this with you.

Comment

The bailiff will not allow me to retrieve confidential information from my work from the car or allow me to make payment arrangements. The finance company is not willing to forward notification to Marsden confirming that the vehicle is still under finance and i will still be liable to make payments if the car is auctioned, although they say if proper checks are made on the car they will not beable to auction it. I am at a lost not sure what to do

Comment

Is it HP or bank loan style finance?

Comment

If the finance company allow the car to be auctioned, knowing it to be subject to a finance agreement, that may put them in breach of contract. I would advise you to email the CEO of Marstons, Gareth Hughes as regards the conduct of one of his company's bailiffs.
                  Last edited by Amethyst; 8th November 2013, 15:00:PM. Reason: removed as requested by subject of email
                  Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Answer the question by bizzybob.

If the car was purchased by means of a loan (that's what 'on finance' usually means), then it's your property and your problem. The fact that you owe money to the lender is irrelevant.

If it was on HP, then it's not your property, and therefore not your problem. In that case, all you do is report it stolen to the police and to the HP company.

Comment

Originally posted by enquirer View Post
                      Answer the question by bizzybob.

If the car was purchased by means of a loan (that's what 'on finance' usually means), then it's your property and your problem. The fact that you owe money to the lender is irrelevant.

If it was on HP, then it's not your property, and therefore not your problem. In that case, all you do is report it stolen to the police and to the HP company.
                      Yes exactly so enquirer, as this will decide the direction of the advice given.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X