• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Suspended Return of Goods Order - Car Finance/HELP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspended Return of Goods Order - Car Finance/HELP

Hoping for some advice here regarding a suspended return of goods order i have been given by county court in relation to my now terminate car finance agreement
    Brief background is that i feel into arrears with the finance company by 3 months and offered a repayment plan based on an increased monthly payment to settle the arrears and continue with the contract. This was not entertained and the next thing i know i received notice of a court hearing from a company called HL Solicitors who i presume the finance company sold the debt to. Again, i sent letters reiterating my proposal which were ignored.
    I turned up for the hearing and the ‘agent’ from HL outlined they would be willing to accept a monthly payment at only £10 p/m more than what i initially offered the finance company! I queried why court was necessary to receive the reply that it was under the instruction of their client. Judge agreed with the proposal but outlined that i would be liable for £360 costs! (is this something i can contest given that i offered a settlement similar from the outset?)
    Now, following the hearing on September 19th i had heard nothing from the court even though i believe it was agreed my first payment would be 1st October 2013. I had a couple of missed calls from the claimant but chose not to entertain telephone dialogue with them
    This weekend i have now received a letter from the court confirming the situation and the agreed payment on the 1st of the month, However, this letter is backdated to September and i have not paid the October instalment so i am somewhat concerned. I have retained the envelope however that thankfully is dated so intend relying on this if necessary.
    To further compound my worries however, the car has developed faults that require fixing in order to ensure it remains roadworthy. This severely limits my disposable income and also my ability to pay this months instalment
    As a result, if anyone has any advice on the best course of action with this situation please it would be much appreciated. I need to retain the vehicle for another 6-8 months until a CCJ falls off my credit record next year so intend on paying whatever is outstanding in arrears and handing the vehicle back.

Re: Suspended Return of Goods Order - Car Finance/HELP

Hi Do NOT be tempted into taking a loan to pay a loan it's a very vicious circle!!

Who is HL sols acting on behalf of?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X