• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Looking for some help with cost of my electric/gas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Looking for some help with cost of my electric/gas

Can you confirm you're with Scottish Power and not SSE. Not much help at the moment, but Scottish Power won't be deducting any payments against debt between 1st December and 28th February. As far as I know they are the only one of the big 6 to advertise this (unless anyone knows different).

CJ

Should mention the no debt deduction is for those on pre-payment meters.
    Last edited by calamity jane; 29th October 2013, 16:56:PM. Reason: Added exta for clarification

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
      How much do you spend on shopping a week ?

about 30/40ish a week just depends on what the kids need

What supermarkets are within easy reach ?

only tesco around that is easy to get to,its a bus and then a taxi back from asda. usually do my shop online at asda.

Do you use quidco, topcashback, shopitize, mysuperlist, mysupermarket etc ?

i have a quidco acc but never used it,never anything im buying gives cashback

Can you walk around a supermarket relatively easily ?

well,for the past 13 weeks its been a real struggle because of this foot. tried on my own and that was a disaster so have to have my mum or sister wih me and no kids.

M1
      Originally posted by strong123 View Post
      Have you asked them to come out and check your meter?

asked countless time and i'm told they won't come out because 'they know nothing is wrong with it'

Unfortunately as others have said it is pretty much the same for everyone. But of course, when you are not working, it does make a big difference having to pay out of the minimum amount of benefits you receive.

As Amethyst suggest, have you checked you are getting all the benefits you are entitled to?

defo getting all the benefits i am entitled to unfortunately.
      Originally posted by calamity jane View Post
      Can you confirm you're with Scottish Power and not SSE. Not much help at the moment, but Scottish Power won't be deducting any payments against debt between 1st December and 28th February. As far as I know they are the only one of the big 6 to advertise this (unless anyone knows different).

CJ

Should mention the no debt deduction is for those on pre-payment meters.

i got a letter about that today,so i guess that will help a little over winter.

my answers in red

Comment

Are you not getting council tax benefit ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

i do get ctax benefit but its still nearly £40 per month they want

Comment

Hiya and no your not the only one suffering, its a sign of the times I'm afraid.

Stupid question time but have you done and income and expenditure sheet ? I just think that if you have it all down in black and white sometimes just sometimes something sticks out that's glaringly obvious that you can adjust to make your situation easier.

Take this for an instance, just recently I've been trying to help of our grandaughter friends (single, 2 kids) with her situation and after many months of nagging I finally got her to do an I & E, she was admant that she had cut back/saved and so on till the following stood out, this was daily.

1 bottle of Blossom Hill Rose
            20 cigarettes

Errrrrrrm since when have they been essentials ?

Now before you jump on me, this is just an example, I'm not saying that's what your doing, what I am saying is that in her case she just could not see that they were not essential, she is far better off now by the way.

Comment

It's a pity you're not closer to Asda as you could've freed up a bit of cash there with a bit of effort.

Keep an eye on the cashback sites though as sometimes you get great offers. The offers do change and vary from a few pennies to free (and sometimes paid to get)

https://www.quidco.com/clicksnap/offers/all/ Free rockstar amongst the best offers this week but 2 weeks ago they did a double up which meant loads of items you were ultimately paid to buy. 8 tins coke were 100% cashback then doubled up !! Obviously you have to pay upfront and get it back.

http://www.topcashback.co.uk/SnapAndSave/Offers Not as good as quicksnap from quidco but if you buy it a few pennies here and there make all the difference.

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk if you select the cashback offers you can see what they are. Sometimes do 100% cashback. Coke Zero pops up quite often. Best when using click and collect free or if you get your Asda deliveries you can do that.

Mysuperlist is similar to mysupermarket but is an app. Sometimes the offers differ.

Shopitize is another similar app and they to sometimes do free stuff.

There are times when you can combine some offers from different companies and be paid (eventually).

Also make sure you utilize https://www.tescopricepromise.com/ and http://www.asdapriceguarantee.co.uk/ at all available opportunities. Mysupermarket is great at letting you see what supermarket is best price. For example i'd never buy 4 pints Milk at Asda when some of my shopping compares favourably to Tesco as Asda is always 39p cheaper and i'd lose that value on my voucher. I would do 2 shops, 1 for just milk and the other for the stuff i'd get a return on. Same amount of shopping just cheaper overall.

You can, and it's not that uncommon, pick up any lose receipts any time you are at a supermarket and use those for cashback. They are most profitable at Asda where they give 10% extra for the price guarantee. In tesco you actually find some price promise vouchers on the ground and not just for pennies !!

There are also glitches but although they are usually the best way to shop they are also usually short lived. I won't explain these just now but hopefully the above can save you a few quid towards your living expenses.

M1

Comment

Almost forgot £1 trial of the sun and get £10 Morrisons voucher. Remember to cancel the trial but t &c state not before 7 days are up after the trial starts.

Terms & Conditions

1. UK residents, 18+ only.
                2. Offer open to new Sun+ members only at www.thesun.co.uk/shop (not available to existing or previous customers).
                3. Offer valid from Saturday 26th October to midnight on Thursday 31st October, 2013 ("Offer Period") or until the 30,000 Morrisons vouchers have been redeemed.
                4. To participate you must sign up for a Sun+ Trial Membership during Offer Period only. You must sign up at the URL specified – www.thesun.co.uk/shop
                5. Morrisons voucher will be dispatched within 28 days of subscription start date (offer not available to customers who cancel their membership within first 7 days of their subscription). Voucher will be delivered to your UK home address only.
                6. One £10 Morrison’s voucher per qualifying customer only and subject to availability. Voucher subject to voucher terms and conditions.
                7. Voucher can only be used in-store and not online.
                8. No change will be given. Delivery times may vary and are not guaranteed.
                9. No cash or other alternatives to offer.
                10. Voucher is non-transferable.
                11. At the end of your one month trial period of Sun+, your membership will automatically continue as a monthly membership at the standard rate, unless you cancel. Full terms and conditions apply. Please seethesun.co.uk.
                12. Wm Morrisons Supermarkets plc is not in any way involved in this promotion and any issues that readers may have should be directed to The Sun.
                13. Barclays Premier League Goals is available in the UK and on Apple iOS 6 and above, and Android Jellybean and later. Not currently available on Kindle, Blackberry or W8. Sun+ Goals is not available between 2.45 PM and 5.15 PM on Saturdays.
                14. See our privacy policy: http://www.newsprivacy.co.uk/single/.

M1

Comment

i've switched supplier,should all be done within 5 weeks.

no charge for using emergency,win 2 prizes on my online acc every month and a £64 saving.

goodbye scottish power.

Comment

Just to let you know i started a thread on cheap shopping so you and others can save some dosh or even feed yourselves.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ips-and-tricks

M1

Comment

Hi just seen your plight,Had the same last year.
                      have you got sorted for this year?
                      robbedbyBG

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X