• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

British Gas Warrant of Entry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Gas Warrant of Entry

Hi, can anyone help? British Gas Business disconnected my supply a month ago following a bloke turning up on Friday and demanding £492.77 which I didn't have and said I'd get by Tuesday. He said sorry, disconnected the electric supply leaving my consumables in the fridges and freezers to waste. BGB now want over £1400.00 to reconnect. I haven't been able to work for a month. I was in arrears to them (but not by as much as he demanded), and I had been making payments. I have spent almost four weeks being messed around, fobbed off and ignored by BGB. Consumer Focus Action have been of no help. I finally recieved a copy of the letter of my court date for warrant of entry, which was allegedly sent on 2/9/13 and the court date was 19/9/13 - I was disconnected on 27/9/13 so I'm confused as to the length of time they give your warranty notice under HRA - if it's 28 days then they didn't give me time (even if i'd recieved the letter), Some also say they have to give you 24hrs notice of disconnection. I have contacted the magistrates court where the hearing was held to ask for documents and information put forward for the warranty and it came to light that they have no record of myself/British Gas/Face2face of having a listing on that date! BGBwarrants have today emailed me a copy of the warrant and it has no court stamp, no address of the court and the scrawled signature of the JP is unreadable so I have no name of the alleged JP who signed. I think it is fake but how can I prove it? I've lost a month of business and am unable to operate without electric and I've paid what i owe for electric but refuse to pay the £350 warrant fee, £60+ reconnection charge and £500 security deposit as I will not be using BGB again and I really think I have a case for all I've lost. Please Help...thanks
    Last edited by fedupofmakingcalls; 25th October 2013, 23:39:PM.

Re: British Gas Warrant of Entry

Originally posted by fedupofmakingcalls View Post
    Hi, can anyone help? British Gas Business disconnected my supply a month ago following a bloke turning up on Friday and demanding £492.77 which I didn't have and said I'd get by Tuesday. He said sorry, disconnected the electric supply leaving my consumables in the fridges and freezers to waste. BGB now want over £1400.00 to reconnect. I haven't been able to work for a month. I was in arrears to them (but not by as much as he demanded), and I had been making payments. I have spent almost four weeks being messed around, fobbed off and ignored by BGB. Consumer Focus Action have been of no help. I finally recieved a copy of the letter of my court date for warrant of entry, which was allegedly sent on 2/9/13 and the court date was 19/9/13 - I was disconnected on 27/9/13 so I'm confused as to the length of time they give your warranty notice under HRA - if it's 28 days then they didn't give me time (even if i'd recieved the letter), Some also say they have to give you 24hrs notice of disconnection. I have contacted the magistrates court where the hearing was held to ask for documents and information put forward for the warranty and it came to light that they have no record of myself/British Gas/Face2face of having a listing on that date! BGBwarrants have today emailed me a copy of the warrant and it has no court stamp, no address of the court and the scrawled signature of the JP is unreadable so I have no name of the alleged JP who signed. I think it is fake but how can I prove it? I've lost a month of business and am unable to operate without electric and I've paid what i owe for electric but refuse to pay the £350 warrant fee, £60+ reconnection charge and £500 security deposit as I will not be using BGB again and I really think I have a case for all I've lost. Please Help...thanks
    Hi and welcome to legal beagles

I'm not too knowledgeable on execution of warrants, but there are plenty on here who are and will be able to advice.

Don't worry your in good hands. Can I ask, is this a business address? I do hope you not at home without any gas/electric...

Comment

Hi fedupofmakingcalls, & welcome to Legal Beagles.

If it's ok with you, I'll just put a link to your other thread in 'Utilities' - http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...rrant-of-Entry
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi, thanks, yes, it's a business address.

Comment

Stating the obvious, I'm afraid that it is possible the alleged JP's signature may be a forgery. The clues are the lack of documentation held by the court and absence of a the warrant application being listed.

You may wish to consider bringing the matter to the attention of HMCTS Correspondence, Complaints and Litigation Unit. A warrant is a legal document and has to be authorised by a court. It is possible that HMCTS may wish to look into the matter and I would not be surprised if it transpires that the majority of these "warrants" are invalid and the energy companies who have behaved in this manner have done so contrary to the law. If you would like the relevant address, please come back onto this thread.
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Hi thanks charitynjw appreciate that.

Comment

Hi bluebottle, thanks for that......that is exactly what I think, I'm going to go over to the court on Monday and get in writing from them what they told me over the phone - that no listing againt me was there that day. I will also take the warrant I've been emailed to find out if this is one of theirs (legal) or if they can decipher the signature as a local JP affiliated to them. I've got a letter drafted up to send with proof of payment (they are still denying a payment of £60 which I made and assume that one of the reasons they got the 'warrant' would be 'No attmept to make payment has been made', which I will address to the CEO / Director / customer services for immediate attention. I am also based in a market hall and the meter is not actually at my unit and no managers were there that day to approve a warrant so I'm wondering if this is another issue.

Comment

By the way, the HMCTS address would be useful thanks.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X