• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclays personal loan. lost my job and now being threatened with bailiffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays personal loan. lost my job and now being threatened with bailiffs

Hi my wife and I had taken a loan through our bank over 5 years we have made regular payments for 2 years now and have never missed a payment. 2 months ago I lost my job resulting in a nervous breakdown and now I'm unfit to work because of mental health issues. I have spoken to Barclays and they cannot freeze my interest untill the loan has defaulted. Can anyone help I need an income and expenditure filed along with an offer or payment, I told them we could barely afford to eat let alone pay the loan. With the added pressure of there consistent threats and phone calls it's making my condition worse. If anyone could advise the best action please contact me kassim.leonard@live.co.uk. They ha've frozen collection actions for 14 days to allow me time to send proof of income etc
    Tags: None

Re: Barclays personal loan. lost my job and now being threatened with bailiffs

Originally posted by kdata View Post
    Hi my wife and I had taken a loan through our bank over 5 years we have made regular payments for 2 years now and have never missed a payment. 2 months ago I lost my job resulting in a nervous breakdown and now I'm unfit to work because of mental health issues. I have spoken to Barclays and they cannot freeze my interest untill the loan has defaulted. Can anyone help I need an income and expenditure filed along with an offer or payment, I told them we could barely afford to eat let alone pay the loan. With the added pressure of there consistent threats and phone calls it's making my condition worse. If anyone could advise the best action please contact me kassim.leonard@live.co.uk. They ha've frozen collection actions for 14 days to allow me time to send proof of income etc
    First of all, they CAN'T send bailiffs round without first obtaining judgment against you (a CCJ), and that's a rather long process: :clock: :clock: they'll have to issue a claim and win it, at which point you'd have the opportunity to make a repayment offer through the court. If you are out of work/reliant on benefits, you could well pay just £1/month, even a court can't make you pay what you can't afford. If you were to default on your agreed repayments, they would have to go back to the court to apply for a warrant of execution to enforce the judgment. As you can see, this won't happen any time soon, certainly NOT in 14 days. :nono:

With regards to an I&E form, you may want to look at this: http://mymoney.nedcab.org.uk/moneyadvice/sampledmp.asp

Obviously your offer will depend on what the form shows, as stated above, it could well be just £1/pcm tokens if that's all you can afford.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X